Price cut?

Reaction score
What day/part of the year is when we'll see some price cuts in computing hardware?

I am looking to get an nvidia 260 216 max core and Asus D2 Sound card and another 22" monitor.

It's probably obvious but want to know for sure.

Reaction score
The December festive period including New Year, Easter, Summer & Winter, in fact anytime really!!!
So shops like the high street ones are having sales already & so are some pc shops like PCWorld.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
VAT is reduced from 17.5% to 15% from December 1st for a limited period, as yet unknown.

It won't make a great deal of difference but every little helps, as they say.

The Asus Xonar D2X pci-e soundcard rocks, btw :thumb: (If that's the one you mean)

Reaction score
I have to get the normal D2 Floppy, as it won't fit in my motherboard with the 8800GTX right above it.

There isn't much difference between the two so i've read which is cool. Apparently a great leap from my creative card which is already impressive, now just need some top specced headphones to get for Christmas! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Most places are already reducing prices, but the VAT cut will come into effect on 1st Dec - it will work out at a 2.1% reduction in the cost of most things to you and me :)

Reaction score
Yeah, overclockers.co.uk have already implemented this cut which is good.

Need to buy another Razer Tarantula keyboard also, spilt beer on my old one, so bought a G11 replacement which i don't like honestly.

EDIT: Sorry PSD, didn't see your other post, i have the Fatal1ty extremegamer profesional edition, it's broke so i'm using the onboard sound as we speak.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ah okay why not stick with on board? Is it not up to scratch?

It is good news the reduction but no doubt it'll be taken from somewhere else. I envisage that in 2010 VAT may increase up to 20% that is one of my concerns.

But seriously 2 % won't be such a significance on a smaller scale!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...LCD+Monitor+With+DVI+-+Black+?productId=31977

22" cheap.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
psd99 after listening to a sound card compared to onboard, the difference is huge, in games, music everything is so much better and more immersive, it's so worth it.

Especially when i get headphones, i'll never go back to speakers with a top notch sound card, i have such an edge in games etc.

Also, as i am studying in a music studio and working, i need the best sounds come july!

Abrabarian, that screen is perfect for me, thanks!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
VAT is reduced from 17.5% to 15% from December 1st for a limited period, as yet unknown.

It is till 1 Jan 2010 when it said to be going back to 17.5% but who really knows what it will go to - some say 18% and others speculate 20%.

The reduction to 15% is nether here nor there unless you are buying something VERY expensive. You save 21p on every £10 purchase, hardly enough to have everyone rushing out to buy. It would have been better to increase the tax allowances and then everybody would have benefitted. The really poor spend their money on food and fuel and there has been no VAT reduction on these so they have gained almost nothing.

Reaction score
Did a £10 mobile top up today & o2 gave me an extra 22p VAT saving.
OK it's only 2.5% but still it's the gesture that counts.:thumb:

Reaction score
I am looking to buy ACER aspire 4930

intel core 2 duo 2.0 processor , with intel centrino inside
hard disk 160gb , Ram 2gb

i want to know how much i should pay for this.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
One of the guys on here repairs about 100 Acer every week, so maybe look for a good Toshiba instead.

Reaction score
one of my friend have acer laptop for the last 4 years , and have not faced any problem till yet.

I want your advice on DELL , TOSHIBA LAPTOPS

Ask a Question