Preparing to install opens in OE too

Ayush

I have this problem when i installed Office. Whenever i want to do something like
opening help, options, or clicking something , a Windows Installer opens and says
Preparing.. then it asks for the Microsoft Office XP with FrontPage Cd, i don't have
now. I cant do anything in Office because of the popup but because i used it rarely,
i don't care. Now today,
i am trying the OE command line options like mailonly, newsonly and after that
whenever i open OE or click something to open, Try to go in options, help, the same
thing happens. I removed the parameters from the shortcuts but now it is doing the
same. I heard about some Windows Installer Cleanup for this but can someone explain
this to me...
The CD IS NOT AVAILABLE NOW.

This happens because Office is a .msi install, and these self-check at
startup. Something has altered components of Office, and the installer wants
to correct this. I don't know of any way of stopping the self-check, maybe
someone else does?

Alternatively I believe there is a service for replacement of lost discs.
(800) 360-7561 in the States. This is for lost or damaged discs though, so
I'm not sure if that includes 'not available.'

Ayush

I have to click "Cancel" at least 10 times to get to this reply screen...

I noticed that is not just limited to Outlook Express, i think to try System Restore
but whenever i open it, the same Installer opens ..
ANYWAY to stop this, now it is not limited to Office, it is spreading like a VIRUS

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search - www.Google.com
Want to know about a term - http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
|I have this problem when i installed Office. Whenever i want to do something like
| opening help, options, or clicking something , a Windows Installer opens and says
| Preparing.. then it asks for the Microsoft Office XP with FrontPage Cd, i don't
have
| now. I cant do anything in Office because of the popup but because i used it
rarely,
| i don't care. Now today,
| i am trying the OE command line options like mailonly, newsonly and after that
| whenever i open OE or click something to open, Try to go in options, help, the same
| thing happens. I removed the parameters from the shortcuts but now it is doing the
| same. I heard about some Windows Installer Cleanup for this but can someone explain
| this to me...
| The CD IS NOT AVAILABLE NOW.

Ayush

This is happening to almost all application
When i start my browser, When i click a message in OE, When i open System restore and
i am sure i will found more...

Can anyone tell me what is wrong, i can understand if this problem is only in Office
but why Office Installer is popping when i use other programs...

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search - www.Google.com
Want to know about a term - http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

"Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
|I have to click "Cancel" at least 10 times to get to this reply screen...
|
| I noticed that is not just limited to Outlook Express, i think to try System
Restore
| but whenever i open it, the same Installer opens ..
| ANYWAY to stop this, now it is not limited to Office, it is spreading like a VIRUS
|
| --
| Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
|
| For any query, search - www.Google.com
| Want to know about a term - http://en.wikipedia.org
|
| Replied To :
| -------------------------------------------------------------
|
| "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
| ||I have this problem when i installed Office. Whenever i want to do something like
|| opening help, options, or clicking something , a Windows Installer opens and says
|| Preparing.. then it asks for the Microsoft Office XP with FrontPage Cd, i don't
| have
|| now. I cant do anything in Office because of the popup but because i used it
| rarely,
|| i don't care. Now today,
|| i am trying the OE command line options like mailonly, newsonly and after that
|| whenever i open OE or click something to open, Try to go in options, help, the
same
|| thing happens. I removed the parameters from the shortcuts but now it is doing the
|| same. I heard about some Windows Installer Cleanup for this but can someone
explain
|| this to me...
|| The CD IS NOT AVAILABLE NOW.

Ayush

As it started (Without a specific reason), it is solved (Without a specific reason).