Preparing network connection....?

Reaction score
hi...:(
I have a Windows 2000 Professional SP3 that won't stop "Preparing network connections". THe hard drive is not being read when this happens. I tried logging on in safe mode, but after it says "Windows is starting up", there is no logon screen. Is there any way to fix this other than formatting my hard drive?

Reaction score
The hard drive is not being read when the 'Preparing network connections' shows ...how do you know this?
Is there anything in the network card? (e.g. an Ethernet cable) If so, then remove.
Do you know if there's a need for doing such a thing? (e.g. is there something that wants to register)

Or, if you do not want to use the network cards/connect to a network ...simply disable your network cards.

Reaction score
The hard drive is not being read when the 'Preparing network connections' shows ...how do you know this?
On my laptop, there is a hard drive symbol that lights up whenever the hd is being read.

Is there anything in the network card? (e.g. an Ethernet cable) If so, then remove.
I tried it and it was still the same.

Reaction score
:huh:
OK then, erm... tried disabling the connection/Ethernet port? And if you require it, simply enable :)
Failing that, try reinstalling the drivers for it :)

...hopefully by resolving the 'Preparing Network Connections' will resolve the HDD issue.

Ask a Question