Windows XP Practice what I Preach ... lesson 1,985,263

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Just some info for you all ...

Yesterday I was playing around with Comodo firewall and it popped up a message that SpeedFan wanted to access the Internet ... Hmmm, now why would a Temp Monitor want to connect to the net, so I said no, find someone else to bother.

Thought nothing of it as Speedfan was NOT running anyway ... blow me down, it does it again. :rolleyes:

Well, as I don't use it anymore and quite happy that my temps are 'normal' I'll go uninstall SF and be done with it ... so I did.

Yep, you guessed it, up it pops again ... it's running as a service, huh! why? So off I trundles and have a quick search of the HD and find SF has not deleted its own folder ... this happens quite a lot in Windows. Well, I just quite simply deleted the folders.

Would you believe it, the dam thing pops up again ... hey PAL, I'm getting a little peeved here, p1ss off. REGEDIT, that'll fix you ... :D

oops ...

You know, one should really back-up the registry before having a 'play' around. ;)

Well, I got that sorted and decided to empty the crap now in the Recycle Bin ... I get a pop-up, did I really want to delete "Windows" ... err, well don't push me, I just may do that anyway ... don't ask me, I never stuck windows in the recycle bin ... even CCleaner said it could not delete "that" file as it was in use.

I see no files in recycle bin, but there is that stupid folder sticking out of it that indicates you have crap in there.

I'm just about ready to plonk Linux back on this PC but I thought I would give "restore" a chance and redeem myself ... naw, that did not work, no files were changed ... but hey! I don't have Windows in the recycle bin anymore & CCleaner never moan either.

Must use my "tools" next time I have a "play" on this PC ...
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question