Powerpoint 2000 - missing images

Reaction score
My wife is using Powerpoint 2000. A recent problem that has developed is that some images that display OK on her laptop are now invisible! Although it was maybe a year ago, they used to display OK on the PC too.

To be more exact, on loading the file, at first all images are visible, but on going to another slide and returning, one or two of the dozen are invisible again. They never reappear. Clicking the space where such an image is located displays the familiar rectangle, and Format Picture displays the same sort of information under all tabs as the visible images. And if we change Fill from No Fill to a colour, a rectangle of that colour appears. It's as if the content is transparent. If it's relevant, the original source of the images was copy/pasting an image from elsewhere, such as a cell in a Word 2000 table.

This seems to be a file-related issue, as I've just copied the file via floppy and opened it in Powerpoint 2000 on my own XP PC. I get exactly the same behaviour.

Can anyone suggest likely causes and how to fix please, as this is now getting seriously exasperating!

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Ask a Question