Possible Tetra Mast TV interference

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Not sure if sunspot activity is high at the moment but yes that is a possibility!

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
If you check the link in the date and the date of the original post, they are back to back. I would imagine that prior to a release, there is all kinds of activity that could interfere. However, I doubt that it is actual cause. I just found it amusing that I located that article when searching as a joke.

Everything is caused by solar flares! :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If you check the link in the date and the date of the original post, they are back to back. I would imagine that prior to a release, there is all kinds of activity that could interfere. However, I doubt that it is actual cause. I just found it amusing that I located that article when searching as a joke.

Everything is caused by solar flares! :lol:

Well it was more an educated guess on your part seeing as you have Citizens band radio experience, I used to get lots of sunspot activity in my amateur radio days..

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Power lines also affected me. Being mobile allowed me to put the radio into all sorts of situations that would introduce interference.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh I give up! After two evenings completely free of problems, (not a flicker or crazed-pixel in sight) I switched on tonight and bang on time, the interference thing began again. Doh! :wall:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh I give up! After two evenings completely free of problems, (not a flicker or crazed-pixel in sight) I switched on tonight and bang on time, the interference thing began again. Doh! :wall:

Get yourself a nice HD set top box TC pick em up for around £40 - £45 now

Watching Formula 1 and Football is just stunning on the HD channels

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Get yourself a nice HD set top box TC pick em up for around £40 - £45 now

Watching Formula 1 and Football is just stunning on the HD channels

Yup... It's going to be easier to upgrade the TV, (this particular set being the only one which is too old to deal with HD...) than it would be to try tracing the source of the prob, methinks. :thumb:

(Just need to see what Mr. Vet's fee is going to be for treating two members of our furry family this week, before we take the plunge. ;))

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Don't forget to run it by us first so we can give it the old once over, and make sure your getting the best bang for your buck!

Ask a Question