Phone Mast Max Output?

Reaction score
OK the secanrio is this:

Company A has a mast that can take a maximum 1,000 users.
Once it reaches both it's own customers and those it leases to like supermarket X, 1000 users any new people using it will get prority if they are company A's own users over supermakets X's users?

In other words Company A's customers have prority over Supermaket X's customers at all times on the mast!

True or False?
Or is it first come first served?
Or a scare story with truth or just complete poo?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sounds like BS,

What have 02 and Tesco been telling you now?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I know masts have bandwidth limits - why your speeds can be poor in busy built up areas, as for a limit of 1000 people, I'm not sure....

Edit: actually just re read your OP, that could be true, depending on the agreement they have I guess.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First comment here:

If you’re signing up for Talkmobile (the Carphone Warehouse MVNO which uses Vodafone’s network) the story might be slightly different. The signal strength and coverage will still be the same as Talkmobile uses Vodafone’s masts and signal. The service quality could theoretically be different (i.e. if Vodafone decides to prioritise their own customers when a mast becomes busy) but there isn’t any concrete information about what actually happens in real-world usage.
http://kenstechtips.com/index.php/mobile-operators-explained-virtual-networks-and-coverage

So it could happen.

Reaction score
V_R my digging around the net had not found that site so thanks.:thumb:

And from it:
"For instance, O2 owns 50% of Tesco Mobile and 100% of giffgaff. Compared to the main O2 brand, Tesco and giffgaff target more price-conscious consumers. O2 is therefore able to attract price-conscious consumers on their MVNO subsidiaries without cannibalising the revenues on their premium core brand.

Savvy consumers can often save money by switching to a low-cost MVNO. They’ll receive the same underlying service at a reduced monthly cost."

So i have found my answer, not only will Tesco reduce my monthly cost but i will get more minutes & data for a lesser cost.:bow:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yup MVNOs, are worth looking at. ;)

Ask a Question