Please reccomend me some games...

Reaction score
hello everyone, please can you reccomend me some games to buy.

i currently play;

Enemy Territory
FS2004
CFS (very rarely)

i am looking at;

Counter Strike source

---

i am mainly looking for online FPS games.

but, i would like any suggestions.

What can you suggest?

Thanks,

KGB

--
I can play a lot of games on my pc, if you want to know if my pc has the power, look in my sig

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Far Cry, Half Life 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Starwars Battlefront, SWAT 4, Battlefield 1942, Call Of Duty, Painkiller, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament 2004 and The Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay are all the FPS titles that are definatly worth playing/buying off the top of me head. And heres some other games ya should look at Colin Mcrae 2005, Max Payne 2, Tiger Woods 2005, KOTOR 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 4, Lego Star Wars, Warhammer 40, 000: Dawn Of War and Hitman Contracts.

Theres a few of the games i have installed ;) (I dont buy a fancy gfx card for show), All are definatly worth playing. If i had to pick just 3:

Far Cry
Half Life 2
Unreal Tournament 2004

Reaction score
Thanks Reefy...

Is there much differance between RTCW and the free version (RTCW: enemy territory)?

KGB

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Havent play Farcry yet, whats its like?
also Reef didnt you play Brothers in Arms?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
RTCW is a single player game, and is still excellent by todays standards, brilliant textures and level design. You should be able to pick it up cheap from an online shop like play.com or amazon as its getting on abit.

I still havent got me hands on brothers in arms, I was going to get it, but I ended up getting KOTOR 2 instead :\ .

And as for Far Cry, i rate this game over Half Life 2 any day of the week. The graphics are far superior to Half Lifes in my opinion, its just a different style, alot more bright and vibrant ;). Eats most machines alive because of this though :p.

Reaction score
Thanks again Reefy, i will see what i can find and how much they are.

I trust your judgement, as you seem to like games :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just got Brothers In Arms, have only played about 90 mins so far but it's good.

Also just bought Trackmania Sunrise, a non-realistic racing game that is really quite a lot of fun.

And I'm still selling Painkiller (with both latest patches 1.61 & 1.62) for a tenner, if you're interested.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I played a demo of trackmainia it was a rather fun game . but i didnt like Painkiller too much it was kind of boring, i prefer Serious Sam series.
Whats Brothers in Arms like?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Only reason I'm selling Painkiller is that I bought the Black Edition, which is the first game and the expansion pack combined.

I thought both Painkiller and the Battle Out Of Hell expansion pack where just great. Especially the first two levels of the expansion pack which are set in a orphanage and a theme park/funfair. Blowing away crying toddlers is so much fun :D

I have both Serious Sam games, have played them too many times now, enjoyed them a lot. Great sense of humour in them games. Wonder whatever happened to Croteam, who made the Serious Sam game engine?

Brothers In Arms is kinda like a thinking man's CoD. Graphics are great, atmosphere's good and it's realistic.

You have to learn quite a few extra commands though, as you issue orders to your team. To take out enemy positions so far I've had to order my team to concentrate fire on them whilst I flank round the side and finish 'em off. I did try attacking a nest of Germans single-handedly and that was the only time, so far, I died.

Yes, I like. I haven't tried online yet, want to get a little more famliar with the controls.

And Trackmania Sunrise has just got harder, now I've progressed a bit, lol, but I'm enjoying it.

Reaction score
ok, i have to ask, both of you (flopps & reefy) how much time to you spend playing PC games per day?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Seeing as im off work with me ankle, I play about 4-10 hours a day, depending on how I feel :blush: . If im at work I will only be able to squeeze in some hours on the weekend :(.

If its a game i really like, and havent completed it yet, i will be determined to do it a.s.a.p. I've done far cry around 4 times so far, every time i play it i find something new to do!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A couple of hours during weekdays, probably, unless I really get into something, then maybe double that.

If I don't have to be up early in the morning, I sometimes play CoD online into the small hours :)

Weekends, probably four hours a day.

Some days I don't play Games at all, if I have work to do or go down the pub or something.

Reaction score
I am going to get CoD, but i need to know, do i need the original call of duty, as well as United Offence,

or can i just buy United Offence?

Please reply soon so i can get my order in.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You need the original CoD to run United Offensive.

I think you can get them as a double pack now for reduced price.

Reaction score
Farcry is excellent, runs well to if u dnt have all up full on a middle range GFX card. Im currently playing;

Doom3 + Expansion pack (Resurrection of evil)
Project Snowblind
Cold Fear
Chrome
Men of Valour
The Punisher
SW: Rupublic Commander
SW: Knight of the Old Republic
PoP: Warrior Within
Half Life 2
Armed & Dangerous
Ghost Recon + IT + DS

And I could go on and on..

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can also try Quake4.pretty good shooter.continuation of the story line of Quake2.:thumb:

I have'nt played the expansion pack of Doom 3 is it any good??

and also Painkiller... ive seen it on shelves for quite a while now... what's about this game???

Ask a Question