Please Help

D

Dennis Tucker

I already tried to get a fix from the Excel newsgroup. No luck there.

I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the following

The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 is dominating this action.

I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version 2000. That did not work. I tried deleting the association for the *.xls file type and making a new one for the 2000 version. That did not work.

Please help.

Dennis

I

Iceman

I already tried to get a fix from the Excel newsgroup. No luck there.

The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 is dominating this action.

I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version 2000. That did not work. I tried deleting the association for the *.xls file type and making a new one for the 2000 version. That did not work.

In Excel 2007 open the old files and choose Tools > Options > Transition
"Save files as" and select Excel 97-2000.

Alternatively, can you open the files from Excel 2000?

D

db

you may simply want to uninstall
07 if you want to regain control
with your 2000 version.

----------------------

incidentally, if you right click on
an xls file and select open with
can you choose the 2000 to
open the file?

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- Accountancy
- Veteran of the Armed Forces
- @Hotmail.com
- nntp Postologist
~ "share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I already tried to get a fix from the Excel newsgroup. No luck there.

Please help.

Dennis

Ask a Question