Please Help

D

Dennis Tucker

already tried to get a fix from the Excel newsgroup. No luck there.

I am able to run 2000 and 2007 on the same machine ok except for the following

The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 is dominating this action.

I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version 2000. That did not work. I tried deleting the association for the *.xls file type and making a new one for the 2000 version. That did not work.

Please help.

Dennis

D

db

basically the programs in office
2007 utilize a four letter file extension
that ends with an x.

perhaps, the easiest solution is
to uninstall excel 07.

then "maybe" if you reinstall excel
07, it might ask you the question
during setup if you want the program
to open xls files as a default.

but the above is only a thought.

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- Accountancy
- Veteran of the Armed Forces
- @Hotmail.com
- nntp Postologist
~ "share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~already tried to get a fix from the Excel newsgroup. No luck there.

The File Type associations are messed up. I have a bunch of files that were created in 2000 and they have the *.xls extension. I want these files(when double clicked) to open in Excel 2000. However, Excel 2007 is dominating this action.

I have tried changing the association for the *.xls file type to version 2000. That did not work. I tried deleting the association for the *.xls file type and making a new one for the 2000 version. That did not work.

Please help.

Dennis

D

db

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx

--
db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- Accountancy
- Veteran of the Armed Forces
- @Hotmail.com
- nntp Postologist
~ "share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~already tried to get a fix from the Excel newsgroup. No luck there.

Please help.

Dennis

Ask a Question