Outlook Please help outlook error

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The only thing I can suggest is either there is a temporary problem with gmails pop service, or check your gmail/outlook settings are correct.

Also ensure that your Outlook is up to date.

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The only thing I can suggest is either there is a temporary problem with gmails pop service, or check your gmail/outlook settings are correct.

Also ensure that your Outlook is up to date.
there is no problem with the settings... I am a verizon online dsl technical support. I still cannot figure out the problem... I think there might be something wrong with my PC...

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
In which case I can only further suggest you re-install Outlook and if all fails - then a repair/re-install of XP.

Reaction score
Has it ever worked?

Make sure that port 465 isn't being blocked by either a router firewall or something else you have installed.

Reaction score
It has worked before... I am not using a router and I already disabled the firewall... Maybe a reinstallation of OS will do.. thanks...

BTW, it still working with thunderbird..

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
If its working with Thunderbird, then I would try reinstalling Outlook first rather than XP.

Reaction score
Outlook can get stuck sometimes... Log into Gmail and make sure there's nothing large or unusual that it's trying to download.

Had exactly the same thing happen with someone's BT account - Outlook kept failing to connect...
Another POP client or Web-login was fine.
Logged into Web mail and moved the latest item to a mail-folder.
Outlook then successfully connected!

Investigate your Inbox! :)

Ask a Question