Outlook Windows 7 Outlook 2003 problem

Reaction score
OS = Windows 7
The other day I had to sort my computer out due to hacking.
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3883317.php

Anyway today my computer started acting up. Firefox kept freezing, then other applications would just shut down. I checked error logs and the only thing that was shown was erros with my DVD drive. So I decided to do a system restore. The last restore point was when I installed NOD 32 the other day. So I went ahead and restored. On reboot NOD hadn't been installed. Not a problem as I think it made my machine abit sluggish. So I installed AVIRA again...Copmuter was/is running sweet now. Except one problem.
Everytime I open MS Outlook 2003 I get this error message.

nod.png

I have checked Program Files and removed any NOD32 Folders and then run Ccleaner and a NOD 32 removal tool, I then ran MS Office repair Install.
yet I am still getting this message coming up when I open Outlook.

Any ideas..?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, i'm supprised ESET slowed it down. its been great on mine. Although I have reinstalled Win7 tonight for other reasons and thought i'd give Kasperskys Latest offering a go

http://www.kaspersky.com/windows7

I must admit to preferring it to Eset, I'm just a Kaspersky fan. :)

Not sure about the error, any eset folders left over in the programs files folder?

Reaction score
V_R said:
I must admit to preferring it to Eset, I'm just a Kaspersky fan. :)

Not sure about the error, any eset folders left over in the programs files folder?

I'm a Kaspersky fan aswell. But I am running W7 64 bit and couldn't get my copy of Kaspersky to install. I'll check out the link you provided.
No Eset folders/files left that I can find..Might try reinstall then remove NOD32 and see if that corrects it.

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
No Eset folders/files left that I can find...

Problem solved. Show all hidden folders and there was one ESET folder lurking about, so it was deleted. Suppried the ESET removal tool didn't remove that....mmmm

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Kaspersky 2010 works well in W7, I'm using it at the moment myself - in fact there should be a review up soon. :)

The initial ESET problem might have been down to a plugin that it uses for e-mail scanning, I've had this a few times with AV suites. Loading Outlook in safe mode then disabling each addin often isolates the problen.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah so 2010 does work? Nice.

That 6.0 i posted above is near identical to 2010, but i'd have installed that had i known it was good. (i read somewhere that the new KIS dont work, oh well obviously they do, lol)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually there's 1 small feature in KIS 2010 that doesn't work with Windows 7 yet - the "safe run" feature, but all the rest works great. :) IIRC, I think you can do an in place upgrade easily enough from V6 > 2010 :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah well i'm gonna give it a go then, 2010 is very good. Think the RAM usage is a little lower than 6.0 too, which is nice. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Now back running 2010 with my old licence key. I had 88 days left so i may aswell use them. :)

Eset did start fractionally faster, ill give it that, my desktop gadgets take a few seconds more to appear with KIS. No biggie though.

Reaction score
I'm having problems reading PST files from Outlook 2003

Current:
Windows 7
Outlook 2003
Mcafee

My old pc died. The new one came installed with win 7 64bit. I installed my copy of outlook 2003. I was able to save the old pst files. I put them in the /user/appdata/local/Microsoft/outlook folder. I tried to ADD these files in Outlook 2003. Software bombs when I try. I've tried importing. I've tried running the fixpst tool. I've tried renaming them. Don't know what else to do. Also, Outlook cannot open my contacts list. Pst files are less than 2gig

Help.... did I mention I needed help?

Ray

Ask a Question