Outlook MS Outlook 2007 Long standing problem

Reaction score
Microsoft Outlook 2007 Problems have been progressively getting worse for several months. I am running Win Vista Ultimate and the MS Office Suite of programs 2007 version.

For the past few months, more and more functions of Outlook 2007 cease to function. For example, if I try to enter a new appointment the program simply shuts down – every time. Right now the only functions still working are just for email and sometimes entering a new contact.

Here is what I have done:

I have run several different AntiVirus and Malware programs – not all at once though.

I have run a number of different programs to check hard drive, etc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows Installer program

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2007

I am totally out of ideas. Tried to follow up with the error messages regarding a hdmp file but could not locate the file. Did a screen capture of error messages.

Now, what really scares the stuff out of me is that tonight, for the first time, MS Word decided to shut down too just like Outlook does.

At this point I am wondering if it would help any at all to simply reinstall all office 2007 on top of existing programs in hopes that by choosing the repair option will hope (I think the repair option is part of these programs).

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Outlookerrorhdmp2.png

Outlookerrorhdmp.png

5-10-20095-47-05PMMSOutlookerror.png

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Did you press the "send information" button ?

:user:

Reaction score
Send button

muckshifter said:
Did you press the "send information" button ?

user.gif

Yes I did. That is one of the things I find frustrating since I have never received any response. I have checked spam filter too on email but have
never, ever gotten any answer. Good question though. Do you usually get
a reply with yours?
Also, let me tell you that many times there is no option to send though. Example: This morning when it stopped working, it simply stopped, with the message saying it was restarting, which it did, but no other messages.

Last edited:
Reaction score
MTHall51 said:
Yes I did. That is one of the things I find frustrating since I have never received any response. I have checked spam filter too on email but have
never, ever gotten any answer. Good question though. Do you usually get
a reply with yours?

Well you won't get an E-mail response to reporting an error, so no point checking spam filters....Goto Control Panel > Problems and Solutions...If there is a "Solution" to your problem it will be in there for you to download...

problemsandsolutions.jpg

Reaction score
WOW Just checked the log and the problems with outlook had 104 instances, with reports sent for all but not even One solution recommended. I owe you one for knowing how to check now. Never paid attention to learning Vista to be honest.
Now though I really have no clue. I may just reinstall everything again.

Reaction score
MTHall51 said:
WOW Just checked the log and the problems with outlook had 104 instances, with reports sent for all but not even One solution recommended. I owe you one for knowing how to check now. Never paid attention to learning Vista to be honest.
Now though I really have no clue. I may just reinstall everything again.

Sometimes there can be a wait for a solution....Before you uninstall and re-install, downlad Windows Installer Clean-up Utility ..USe this to uninstall Office rather than going through Control Panel > Programs and Features.....Its a better option and gets rid of every thing..Once you have done that, Downlaod and install Ccleaner Slim and run that to clean registry and any left overs of Office...When you click the Registry tab, be sure to save a back up of your registry..Once all that has been done, go ahead and re-install Office...Hope this helps you out...:thumb:

Ask a Question