Please Help! "Internet Options" is restricted on my computer!

When I try to click on Internet Options on the Tools drop-down menu, I get a message saying that "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." When I go to Internet Options in Control Panel, the section on "Home Page" is grayed-out. I can't change my home page. I must have modified some setting by accident. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

DVarnau

Phil,
If you use Spybot S&D, you may have set these restrictions yourself. Start
Spybot in Advanced mode and check Immunize settings.

If not Spybot, then go to
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Look for Various Registry Fixes.

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org
Phil in NJ said:
When I try to click on Internet Options on the Tools drop-down menu, I get
a message saying that "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions
in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." When
I go to Internet Options in Control Panel, the section on "Home Page" is
grayed-out. I can't change my home page. I must have modified some setting
by accident. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ramesh [MVP]