Windows Vista Please help having problems....

Reaction score
HI, i am new to this site... As requested in the "new users" section i have answered the following questions to the best of my limited knowledge!! Hope it helps you to help me??

Operating System: Windows Vista home premium service pack

Anti Virus Software : microsoft security essentials
Anti Spyware Software : microsoft security essentials
How do you connect to the net : Wireless Modem
<LI>Your Computer Specifications - Home edition?

I am having trouble with Facebook chat on my laptop, The web page facebook loads correctly and i am able to browse any of the pages on facebook although for some unknown reason for the last month i have been unable to open the pop up window to enable me to use the facebook chat application. The thin grey bar at the bottom of the page where the "Chat" icon is normally situated along with the icons for pictures etc doesn't now show up on my home page... occasionally when i am looking through other pages on facebook it shows at the bottom where it should and updates the number of people that are on line at any one time but for some reason it will not allow me to click on it and open it, Why is this????
I have tried it from other computers and it works fine, just not on mine!! so frustrating.
I thought it may be a fault with windows vista so i uploaded Mozilla firefox and installed it without using any of my previous history, so a blank canvas. At the same time my facebook chat was playing up i had problems with ebay website, only opening the first page and wasnt able to watch any items in my ebay, it just showed up error on page but since using Mozilla firefox, Ebay is now working perfectly but facebook isnt.

Please if anyone could help thais would be much appreciated .
Look forward to hearing from you

Many thanks Laura

Reaction score
Hiya Laura

Sounds like you are set offline.

Click on friends ara and click on options make sure you are set to online

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
I have gone onto facebook and clicked on friends at the top but from there i cant see anything that says about being on or off line?? Where or what do i do?
In the chat icon box at the bottom the little green light is on so surely that means i am online? It just wont allow the box to open up when i click on it, however when i click on the notifications box next to it, that opens up and works perfectly normal.
Its as though when i click the chat icon my mouse is invisable... Nothing happens. But why???????

Reaction score
Thats the problem, i cant get that far!! ... I click the chat button at the bottom right and its as though my mouse is invisable, nothing happens but when i click the notifications box next to it, it works perfectly fine??? When i run the cursor over the chat box it highlights white as it would just before you click on it and then when you actually click the mouse nothing happens!!

Ask a Question