[PL] PL2006 CD - Progress report

Susan Bugher

The wiki now has info about downloading via bit torrent, burning the CD
with ImgBurn (thanks again Coma) and "known errors".
http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/

I've removed the "not available yet" notice from the CD's web page and
added info about verifying the CD.
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

ISO download links are available on a first come - first serve basis. (I
urge everyone to at least try the bit torrent download first.)

Note to those of you who are hosting the ISO - if your capacity is
limited and you would like me to add an email forwarder for download
link requests to the CD's web page email me via the links button.
mailto:[email protected]

If you're feeling brave and want me to *show* the download link that can
be done too. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Al said:
Susan, if you need any more CD burners in the US (east coast species),
you can email me at Al at Webdingers dot com.

I think the US is reasonably well covered. OTOH if we could list one
burner for every city the CD's wouldn't have to be mailed. . . :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

DevilsPGD said:

Okayyyyyyyyyy :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mark Carter

Susan said:
The CD's web page has been updated:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/2006PL-CD-about.php

Please post any revisions/additions that are needed. TIA

One suggestion I did have, not very seriously, is to display the md5sum
of the ISO on the page, that way people could check its entire contents
just by scanning it.

I've computed the sum for you:
6ebfd28c4c99297c1a7fd601e40807cb
In a way, you shouldn't trust me, though, you should be able to confirm
it against the Pricelessware site. Who knows what dark and devious
fiddling I may have done to the CD ;) . Admittedly, I think one would
have to be somewhat paranoid to think that someone is going to offer to
host an iso just so that they can tamper with the contents.

A utility that I use for calculating checksums is DigestIt:
http://digestit.kennethballard.com/
Very nice it is, too. It's a shell extension, which means that you can
compute the hash by right-clicking on a file.

Alternatively, just use Linux ;)

Al Klein

Al Klein wrote:
I think the US is reasonably well covered. OTOH if we could list one
burner for every city the CD's wouldn't have to be mailed. . . :)

Everyone in my 'city' (hamlet, really) probably has one already.
There's me, and there's ... er ... me, and ... :)

Susan Bugher

Mark said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
One suggestion I did have, not very seriously, is to display the md5sum
of the ISO on the page, that way people could check its entire contents
just by scanning it.

I've computed the sum for you:
6ebfd28c4c99297c1a7fd601e40807cb
In a way, you shouldn't trust me, though, you should be able to confirm
it against the Pricelessware site. Who knows what dark and devious
fiddling I may have done to the CD ;) .

I harbor the deepest suspicions. ;)

I keep forgetting to add the checksum - maybe I'll remember when I do
the next update (coming soon). . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Mark said:
Under "Verifying the ISO" it appears that you're referring to the 2004
version in more than one place.

Revised to "Verifying the Pricelessware CD". . .

All I found was a bad link to the dvdsig.md5 file (now fixed). What did
I miss?

The ISO's md5 checksum has been added at the end of the section called
"How to download an ISO of the CD".

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mark Warner

Susan said:
Revised to "Verifying the Pricelessware CD". . .

All I found was a bad link to the dvdsig.md5 file (now fixed). What
did I miss?

That was one of 'em. :)

2nd line: "Follow the procedures below to ensure that you have a true
and complete copy of the 2004 Pricelessware CD."

Susan Bugher

Al said:
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:47:15 -0500, "Mark Warner"

It's spelled nitpick. (So do I ;) )

I'm glad to hear that. :) Then you'll both be delighted with this golden
opportunity. . . download these web pages:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/2006-CD-IE_pages.zip

Unzip.

Copy the PL2006 CD to your hard drive. Replace index.html in the "root"
directory; add the other pages to their matching 2006 or acf directories
(no need to delete the .php pages).

Browse with IE.

Nitpick. ;)

Susan