[PL] PL2006 General Discussion

Susan Bugher

IMO our discussion/comparison/evaluation of programs during the
Pricelessware selection process is the *heart* of the selection process.
It seems to me that next year it would be better this discussion as soon
as we begin to submit program descriptions. Comments?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mike Bourke

Susan Bugher said:
It seems to me that next year it would be better this discussion as soon
as we begin to submit program descriptions. Comments?

Susan

I can see threads getting very confused, with multiple different programs
and multiple issues under discussion concerning those programs all happening
within the same thread. There would need to be some agreed-apon standard
syntax for subject headings to avoid that. Otherwise, I don't have a problem
with the concept.

Also for next year: could someone do up a web form where they enter the
appropriate information on a piece of software on the page, hit a button,
and receive a plain-text webpage with that info formatted and spelt out nice
and neat ready for posting to the group? Or is this a bad idea for some
reason that eludes me?

Mike Bourke

Susan Bugher

<SNIP> I don't have a problem with the concept.

Good ;) because there's no change in concept - just a question about
WHEN to start the program discussion.
Also for next year: could someone do up a web form where they enter the
appropriate information on a piece of software on the page, hit a button,
and receive a plain-text webpage with that info formatted and spelt out nice
and neat ready for posting to the group? Or is this a bad idea for some
reason that eludes me?

Yup - GIGO ;)

Identifying/obtaining the "appropriate information" seems to be the
problem area.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware