Physical Memory Dump

Reaction score
I was wondering if hard drive overheating could cause the blue screen of death to appear and begin physical memory dump? I had restarted my comp and left my room for maybe 5-10 min, when i come back i hear like a ticking noise in my comp (not beeping codes of any sort, also not a fan getting stuck on a coord or anything) then before i could really even power-off comp i got the blue screen of death saying physical memory dump. So i restart comp and the ticking continues. I take off case and notice both my hard drives & cd-rom are hot to the touch. My motherboard and all expansions on motherboard were just fine, was just the HDD area that was noticeably hot. I let my comp sit (powered-off) for about 20 min to cool off and is now running fine. My system fan was considerably dusty and my guess is that the dust preventing it from turning on, thus overheating hard drive, thus physical power dump?

Thanks for any comments

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you are sure that the system fan was at fault then it would be a wise move to spend a few pounds to get a brand new replacement .

user.gif

Ask a Question