Physical memory fatal error

Reaction score
I was on a flash game website last night then suddenly a blue screen of death appeared. It said...

***STOP:0x00000050(0xF1267D7C, 0x00000000, 0xF1267D7C, 0x00000000)
PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREA

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group

This wasn't the first time it happened to me, but it usually stops after a reboot. However, this time everytime I get to the login screen, the blue screen appears. How can I fix this? It's a Microsoft 2000 Professional Service Pack 3.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
windows 2000?
untreaded territorry for me
perhaps a chkdsk could help?

Reaction score
Tried it but a message said that check could not be completed. Then I tried again only checking the box for bad sectors but a message said it didnt find anything wrong

Reaction score
Re:

I usually find in W2pis_en these blue screens (of death) are usually caused by faults that have occured in the operating system.you may have to reload windows.These problems can start with conflicting programs/drivers/bad sectors/etc.If you have the OSdisk that the computer was loaded with you can run setup on the drive to repair the system without altering your configuration.I would suggest that once you have the system back on line upgrade to service pack 4.

Reaction score
Well I haven't installed any new drivers or programs recently. It first happened when I was a flash game site that I got to through a banner link.

Reaction score
re:

Perhaps your existing drivers were not up to snuff to work properly on this site.Can you boot up in safe mode?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Windows2000Pro/reskit/part7/proch33.mspx?mfr=true

Resolving the Problem

Faulty hardware. Stop 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You need to run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

Buggy system service. Often, the installation of a buggy system service is a culprit. Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode screen that displays the prompt "For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for Windows 2000, press F8." On the resulting Windows 2000 Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

Antivirus software. Antivirus software can also trigger this error. Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Corrupted NTFS volume. A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this error. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r. For more information about the Recovery Console, see "Troubleshooting Tools and Strategies" in this book. If the hard disk is a SCSI disk, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.
... I would also sugest you update to service pack 4. ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp4/default.mspx

:user:

Reaction score
Um, I upgraded, now my computer keeps on restarting after I attempt to log in. And I dont have the Microsoft 2k CD. So my computer is now messed up.

Reaction score
Re:

Will Your Computer Boot In Safe Mode?you May Not Be Totally Messed.if Your Computer Will Boot In Safe Mode That Would Indicate To Me That Your Os Is Still Intact.if So You Have A Compatibility Problem.make A New User File And Make It So You Do Not Share Anything In Your Present User File.this Will Eliminate Everything But The Basic Operating System.then If The Problem Is Still There It Would Be Driver Related.usually With A Corrupt Operating System The Computer Will Either Hang And Not Do Anything Or You Will Get A Blue Screen Explaining The Problem.if You Do Have A Corrupt File And You Can Isolate It I Would Be Happy To Email You The Os File(s) That Is Missing Or Corrupted.

Ask a Question