Phone Recording in pc

zakhum

Hi all
Plz let me know is there any software or any utility which can
perfectly record the telephone conversation of the phone line connected
to a pc. is there any freeware?

xiaoke

zakhum said:
Hi all
Plz let me know is there any software or any utility which can
perfectly record the telephone conversation of the phone line connected
to a pc. is there any freeware?

Google for Audacity.

Lars

Audacity is a good choice. Depending on your sound setup, you might
have to configure your recording settings accordingly. If in doubt
select "what you hear" (I think many sound mixers have that channel) or
maybe "wave out mix".

And then just hit the record button in audacity when you're on the
phone.

John

Lars said:
Audacity is a good choice. Depending on your sound setup, you might
have to configure your recording settings accordingly. If in doubt
select "what you hear" (I think many sound mixers have that channel) or
maybe "wave out mix".

And then just hit the record button in audacity when you're on the
phone.

I was really wanting to know how to get the audio from the phone to the PC.

John.

Ned Goudy

If you currently get your Phone conversation
through the computer, (headset and mic)
then the VOIP recorder I found last week,
Freecorder would do the job just fine.
It works great for me with SKYPE although
you have to TWEAK your sound device
settings to get it to work 'perfect.'
http://www.applian.com/freecorder/index.php

The FREE VERSION only records for up to
2 minutes and only in 64 bps streams. The
paid version is unlimited time and option of
recording in 128 bps rates.

I liked it so much I bought it for my Podcasting
Interviews. PS: I have no financial interest in
this product.

Ned Goudy

John

Ned said:
If you currently get your Phone conversation
through the computer, (headset and mic)
then the VOIP recorder I found last week,
Freecorder would do the job just fine.
It works great for me with SKYPE although
you have to TWEAK your sound device
settings to get it to work 'perfect.'
http://www.applian.com/freecorder/index.php

The FREE VERSION only records for up to
2 minutes and only in 64 bps streams. The
paid version is unlimited time and option of
recording in 128 bps rates.

I liked it so much I bought it for my Podcasting
Interviews. PS: I have no financial interest in
this product.

Ned Goudy

Ned, I don't think you've read the original post fully.

He would like to record from his phone line.

John.

zakhum

yes john

the situation is that you the cable of direct phone line in one slot of
the modem and get the input for your phone from the other slot of the
modem as is used while connecting viv a dial up modem. then how is it
possible?

Buckbeak

zakhum said:
Plz let me know is there any software or any utility which can
perfectly record the telephone conversation of the phone line connected
to a pc. is there any freeware?

The software is the easy part, the hard part is getting the audio into
the PC. The device you want is called a Telephone Hybrid. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_hybrid for a description. You can
use one of these and hook it up to your sound card.

Al Klein

The software is the easy part, the hard part is getting the audio into
the PC. The device you want is called a Telephone Hybrid. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_hybrid for a description. You can
use one of these and hook it up to your sound card.

And, contrary to what the wikipedia claims, Radio shack sells a device
that will work for way under $100 - it's used to record phone
conversations, but it can be plugged into a computer instead of a tape
recorder.

Ned Goudy

And, contrary to what the wikipedia claims, Radio shack sells a device
that will work for way under $100 - it's used to record phone
conversations, but it can be plugged into a computer instead of a tape
recorder.

I have one of those devices. I used to
use it for telephone interviews til I found
SKYPE to be clearer quality, but the hardware
you mention cost less than $20 as I recall.

Ned

Al Klein

I have one of those devices. I used to
use it for telephone interviews til I found
SKYPE to be clearer quality, but the hardware
you mention cost less than $20 as I recall.

Model 43-1237 - $15.49.

Franklin

Hi all
Plz let me know is there any software or any utility which can
perfectly record the telephone conversation of the phone line
connected to a pc. is there any freeware?

"How to record telephone conversations"
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/telecom/telerecord.html
You will probably still get some noises and buzzes.

If you have a small voice recorder then an astonishingly effective way
is to hold against the handset with the mic near the earpiece. You will
get both sides of the conversion. Transfer the audio file to the PC
separately.

Susan Bugher

John said:
I was really wanting to know how to get the audio from the phone to the PC.

coming late to the party. . .

Program: WillowPhone
Author: Willow Pond
Ware: (Freeware) LFW (v 1.00.027)
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7443,00.asp

<q>
This utility lets you initiate calls and talk on the phone while you're
using your computer. It uses the computer's sound card, microphone, and
modem to emulate a telephone. The interface looks like that of a mobile
phone, and displays the dialed number in a mock-LCD window. It supports
callerID, call waiting, and speed dialing. You can also record phone
conversations.

Version:1.00.027 File Size:1300KB
http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/internet/internet_tools/wphone.exe

Operating System(s):Windows 2000, Windows 9.x
Requirements: Sound card, microphone, and a voice-capable (Unimodem/V
compatible) modem
</q>

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Daniel Mandic

Susan Bugher wrote:

This utility lets you initiate calls and talk on the phone while
you're using your computer. It uses the computer's sound card,
microphone, and modem to emulate a telephone. The interface looks
like that of a mobile phone, and displays the dialed number in a
mock-LCD window. It supports callerID, call waiting, and speed
dialing. You can also record phone conversations.

Hi Susan!

Whew. That's a cheap method to save lawyer-costs, yes?
I mean, you have then record of the phonecall already at home...

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Al Klein

Requirements: Sound card, microphone, and a voice-capable (Unimodem/V
compatible) modem

Susan, most voice compatible modems come with their own software to
record the phone line and don't need to use the sound card or a
microphone.

Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm sorry for posting in such an old thread, but does anyone have that software willow phone around and can you re upload it ? I'm also looking for a program to call using my computer with a normal landline without paying for voip, thank you