How to get tweets in chronological order?

Reaction score
Let me know if this is not appropriate for this forum but......
I've just started using Twitter on my new phone and my PC (don't laugh!) for football info!!!
Can anyone tell me how to get 'Tweets' in chronological order only and also to stop the same Tweets repeating themselves continually?
I can't seem to find a solution on the internet - all the results seem to come back from years ago!

Reaction score
Hi there,
Twitter can be a bit confusing at times. Apologies if you've already tried this, but have a look at the picture attached. If you click on that little symbol (circled) it gives you a choice of seeing "tweets" in order of latest tweets first, or "top" tweets first, which I assume means the ones with the largest number of "likes" or views.

Twitter.jpg

I also use Adblock Plus, and Ghostery, to eliminate unwanted stuff. I resisted Twitter for a long time, because I was always reading comments under news stories that it was just a sewer, and full of people abusing each other. I've found it to be the opposite. You just need to be selective about who or what you follow.
Hope this helps...

Reaction score
Thanks F111 - That solves my immediate problem. I too resisted using Twitter but succumbed to read updates on the football transfer front. There's a lot of dross on there and I've blocked a number of 'Tweeters' in my short tenure so far!! I also use Adblock plus- and Startpage and Duck Duck Go search engines. I never use the 'undiluted' Google but the company's difficult to avoid completely.

Ask a Question