Phew I am Back

Reaction score
Hi V_R pluged into test socket as was not able to get connected with the master socket BT are rewiring on Monday, but on Tuesday I am having Vfast a wirless broadband setting up so By By BT

Reaction score
:mad:We are out in the country and the furthest from the exchange my next door neighbour gets about the same she said, I use You Tube, BBC and other streaming sites and it is like watching paint dry with the stopping and starting it is a waste of time and frustraiting:cry:.

Reaction score
AOL is part of Google so I think it unlikely they'll go under.

If they took over Tiscali I'm not surprised they have problems :lol:

Want some perspective?

Politics

Hello Flops.
The AOL I`m thinking of is the one bought up by TalkTalk some years ago,they bought out the U.K arm of AOL and that is the one that is having trouble.
historian

Reaction score
:confused::cry:I Have the BT Connect engineer today, he has changed the BT socket as the telephone/ADSL socket was not working, here are the result of the speed test done this evening using http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ Download speed 336kbps, upload speed 368kbps. He told me that is the fastest I could expect as we were over 4 KM away from the Exchange. Thank goodness I have Vfast coming in tomorow to install their wireless network I will do another test after this installation and let you know what success I get.:(

Reaction score
Well that is sorted now, I have now got Vfast installed and the speeds are now respectable Download 10432Kbps Upload 8176Kbps. I am like a dog with two tails now.:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Great news Bootneck :thumb: you'll be soaring around the super-highway now. :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats people. I must admit it came as a bit of a shock as I was used to 20gb from Virgin and in my naivety thought that a up to 10gb line with BT meant that one would get a half decent connection:fool:

Ask a Question