Perspective

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I was recently 'tracked down' by a group of people who used to go to a rock disco my friend and I done in the early 80's at Gants Hill, near Ilford. Nice to be remembered, lol

Check out Oscars Green Gate on facebook if you're interested.

Whilst searching for memorabilia to put on their site I looked through my scrapbook and came across this little curio.

I had literally hundreds of these letters, maybe thousands, but a few I kept. Some like this one, I'm not sure why I kept and stuck it in the scrapbook, but I did.

It's a letter accompanying a few vinyl promos from back in the day. Check out item number three, decidedly low key eh? Within a very short time Island were giving them just a little more prominence in their promos...

Funny how you can never tell just how things will turn out sometimes :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Island_Promo_U2_800.jpg
    Island_Promo_U2_800.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 270
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I always thought the B-52's were better than U2 :D

I see men in white coats coming for this penguin lover.....B52's aren't even in the same category Abarbarian....:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I always thought the B-52's were better than U2 :D

Well...

For sheer panache and joie de vivre you're very possibly right. the B-52's were fun :)

But U2 were (are) something of a mega force aren't they?

I love both bands to bits meself, U2 make me tingle, B52's make me smile and shake a tail-feather :)

Just a damn shame B-52's had to suffer a fatality within their ranks :(

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
But U2 were (are) something of a mega force weren't they?

I love both bands to bits meself, U2 make me tingle, B52's make me smile and shake a tail-feather :)

U2 will always be something of a force I think...deepends on the mood really, B52's are cool and at the right moment can set a great night at a party.. At the moment I have Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar thumping through a pair of
CELES
TION B15's and I don't care what the neighbours have to say....
tongue.gif

Reaction score
U2 Are over rated IMO.

I mean , I have three of their albums and I like them alot, but to me quite a lot of their stuff has been very safe, middle-of-the-road songs where not much happens.

In a little while... <3

Ask a Question