Bargain Peripherals instore at Staples

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Visited Staples at Charlton today to get some business cards and noticed some Logitech gear on sale at 'half price'.

Logitech G5 mouse - £19.87

Logitech Force Feedback Joystick around £15.00

Logi Cordless Rumblepad (Gamepad) V2.0 £19.87

Formula Vibration Feedback Steering Wheel £14.68

I thought for that price I'll try the steering wheel and it's surprisingly good :thumb:

Here's a link to the one I bought Steering Wheel (It's at Scan for £21.84 + Postage).

It's only a cheapie, has three suction pads to keep it in place, no clamp, but it didn't come adrift on me in use. I used it in GRID, took me a while to get used to it but it's definitely better than using a gamepad. First time I've ever used a steering wheel, am enjoying this :)

It wouldn't set up with Need For Speed Underground 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Driv3r though. Those three and GRID are the only racing games I have installed in Vista. Just about to try it with TOCA Race Driver 3 in XP.

Not sure if the Logi offers are Nationwide but if you're in the market for any of the items above it may be worth checking out your local Staples store.

And the business cards, btw, were purchased with a voucher Staples e-mailed to me, 100 colour cards for £1.00, which I thought was a bit good.

The usual cards maker wasn't in the store today so I had to help the girl create it in MS Publisher :D Good quality cards, mine are white text on a black background.

Reaction score
Damm I just orderd a Logi G5 from play.com £35.00
wallbash.gif
thats lots of great deals there.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, sorry Wiz, that's the way it goes sometimes :(

Talking some more about this cheapie steering wheel.

As mentioned it works great with GRID (Vista).

Works well with TOCA Race Car 3 (XP) but cars seem prone to a little wander.

Won't work at all with NFS Underground 2 (Vista) and NFS Most Wanted (Vista).

Works with NFS Porsche 2000 (XP) but cars are subject to chronic understeer so not worth using wheel. I've tried all available menu settings in this game but no improvement.

Won't work at all with Simpsons Hit & Run (XP).

And that's as far as I've got.

Other racing games I have but haven't tried steering wheel with yet are:

NFS Underground 1
Lego Racers 1
TOCA 2 Touring Cars
Formula One 2002
TOCA Race Driver 1
Ignition
Breakneck

And of those, Ignition, Breakneck and possibly TOCA Race Driver 1 only work in Win 98 which kinda narrows things down.

All in all, a little disappointing tbh, but then I guess most of my driving games are quite old aren't they?

Still, it was worth £14.68 to use a wheel with GRID and TOCA Race Driver 3 :)

Can anybody here recommend any other good race car games that will work with Vista (preferably) or XP? But not DIRT, I had nothing but problems with that game.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Floppybootstomp said:
Can anybody here recommend any other good race car games that will work with Vista (preferably) or XP? But not DIRT, I had nothing but problems with that game.

"TrackMania Nations Forever" works well on Vista Flopps and it's completely free to download. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You know Flopps, I had a feeling that it was you who first recommended TM Nations... :thumb: It's a fun game, so be interesting to know whether it works with your steering wheel :nod:

Reaction score
Staples are good!

When buying our printer a few years ago we got advised to take out a Staples Business Loyalty Card.
Used it when buying a friends Laptop ended up getting a voucher worth £25.

Ask a Question