Penguin Game Sales

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A step in the right direction but still just a bit of cheapie retro.

I long for the day when major releases run in Linux, I really do, would be so good to drop Microsoft.

But.... I don't see it ever happening :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Want to play the latest games on GNU/Linux :D you might have to use a version of GNU/Linux that sticks closer to the KISS principle :lol: Buntus and Mint are ok for novice windows exiles :lol: :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Want to play the latest games on GNU/Linux :D you might have to use a version of GNU/Linux that sticks closer to the KISS principle :lol: Buntus and Mint are ok for novice windows exiles :lol: :p

Well that's pretty much me, never could get me head round the finer points of console commands and kernel building. Nor do I want to, really.

And I think you've just spelt out why so many Windows users and games players just will not migrate. If the games publishers made Linux versions I think we may actually see a dent in Microsoft's revenue but I can't see it happening.

Another interesting twist on this is that I think it was 1nteger who said he uses Windows solely for games and for everything else uses a Mac. I can understand that, and there are also more games made for Mac users than Linux users.

But yes, Mint for me cos oi not be that clevor, latest version of Ubuntu thinks it's an iPhone OS, it's horrible, and as for the Unity desktop - puke.... The version of Mint based on Ubuntu at least offers an alternative desktop in the form of MATE which lets you work with windows old style instead of working only with apps.

I think Ubuntu shot themselves in the foot with their latest and they'll see more people switch to Mint or - dare I say it - Slackware :eek:[/quote]

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I think Ubuntu shot themselves in the foot with their latest and they'll see more people switch to Mint or - dare I say it - Slackware :eek:

Yums not thick yums just taking the easy way which is fine. Ubuntu has hit a bit of a wall it seems.
Slackware now your talking :D I gave Porteus a quick try out a couple of weeks ago, its a live cd/usb distro based on slackware. Fired up in me rig but have not had time to do more than that.Looked neat though. :)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Buntus and Mint are ok for novice windows exiles :lol: :p
Um... ah... eh... d'oh... you wrote that just so you'd get a reaction out of ol' Urmas, didn't you... baaad barbarian!

:fool:

About those Yo!Toob links: they all seem to be running in WINE, which is a duct tape solution at best.

Floppsie said:
... and as for the Unity desktop - puke...
Agree. I am using KDE desktop (4.7) nowadays and -- I never thought I'd say this -- I am liking it a lot.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

Who me stirring it up :lol:

About those Yo!Toob links: they all seem to be running in WINE, which is a duct tape solution at best.

They may be in Wine but they are running and running very well :p

KDE is neat :cry: well it will be when they iron out al the bugs :)

Attachments

• 2011-11-26_165518.jpg
    2011-11-26_165518.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 701

Ask a Question