Peacekeeper - The ultimate browser test

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Not sure how this helps if a website doesn't obey the rules anyway ... :)

My 'score', 'cos we all like to be better than the next persons kit, was ... 4840 HTML5 Capabilities 6/7

Be interesting to see what the score is after BT India fix my latency issues.

:user:

oh, and I use Chrome as my browser. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
1593 and 3/7.

Seems to be a crap computer (if low numbers equal bad) but I have no issues whatsoever. It does exactly what I want and need. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Here are mine:

2548 HTML5 Capabilities 5/7 = Firefox 20.0.1 (my main browser)

(Also tested Internet Explorer, which didn't score so well:
1348 HTML5 Capabilities 3/7 = IE9)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
In my opinion this test is a load of pony.
I got " This test is not supported in this browser " "This codec is not supported in this browser "
And that was using Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox.

How can something give an accurate score on a test if it does not support certain features ??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
my suspicions confirmed-ish ... two different Firefox results from the same build browser.

what is the point of this test?

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm not bothered whether the browser I use is the best or the fastest, as long as it works and I feel comfortable with it. That's all. Opera fulfills about 99% of me feeling comfortable with it so I stick with it. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a bit of Google Chrome payola going on, they have such an agressive marketing campaign that would be just another method they'd use. And that's why, no matter how fast or good it is, I will not use Chrome. Full stop.

Anyhow, here we go, no results listed for IE10 I notice, I wonder why that is? It wouldn't be better than Chrome would it? :eek:

Attachments

• peacekeeper.JPG
    peacekeeper.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 258

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Looking at all the results on the thread and from my own experience of using different browsers all I can say is that this test actually proves nothing. Most of you peeps have not had any issue with the use of browsers nor have had issue with speed, I too have been on the www and everything seems to be working fine.

My results actually have been one of the worst in comparison to you all except a couple. It just does not make any sense to me. :confused:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I wonder whether our performance online is more dependent on our ISP and local internet connection. I suspect our browser of choice is actually small beans in the greater scheme of things (as Mucks hinted at earlier, actually).

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Flops,

You bring up a good point, it is surely not just the browser but a combination of a few things.

Ask a Question