PC World again

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
justthought i'd let ya's know i'm off to PC World again in a few minutes.....my replacement pc is a piece of sh...umacher.
It has the exact same probs as the last and more....the dvd player howls when you put a disc in it....it's supposed to have a 64 bit dual core athlon system and its stuffed.
:mad: A very angry Zzzzz

Reaction score
Back from PC World

Just thought i'd let ya's know i changed my replacement laptop for the latest Advent laptop. Its not as nice but i'm trying a less impressive pc. I think HPtried to put too much fancy stuff on it and that's were it all went wrong.
This one has most of the usuals with 320GB HD and 4GB of RAM and is very very fast.Its also a 17" with silverlight and Hi-Def and looks fairly snazzy i suppose.
I will steer clear of pcw in future.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Advent is basically PC World's own brand.

My gf's laptop is an advent and to be fair despite all the negative feedback we heard about Advent PC/laptops, we've had it for over a year now and after removing all the tech guys and other garbage that was pre-installed, its been good as gold.

The specs are decent enough (though of course the internal parts are not big-names) and as a cheap unit, its more than capable of doing anything she needs it to. Also if anything does go pear-shaped i'll be on hand to deal with it :D

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Just thought i'd let ya's know i changed my replacement laptop for the latest Advent laptop. Its not as nice but i'm trying a less impressive pc. I think HPtried to put too much fancy stuff on it and that's were it all went wrong.
This one has most of the usuals with 320GB HD and 4GB of RAM and is very very fast.Its also a 17" with silverlight and Hi-Def and looks fairly snazzy i suppose.
I will steer clear of pcw in future.
Zzzzz

Hope this one works ok :thumb:

Reaction score
It's Advent at PCWorld.
It used to be Matsui at Currys.
Cheap as chips and some work, some dont!
If you want a decent laptop that's worth the money try Toshiba.:thumb:

Ask a Question