Pc will not power on with new Hiper type R modular Psu fitted

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Told you I would stump them didn't I...;)

James one of the tech guys at CCL is going to have a look through some Psu's and try to find one with all 20 pins intact...

Will be ringing me back about 1 ish to let me know if they can help...

Kevin...

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Right an update on this one...

The brilliant tech guys at CCL have found a PSU that has the -5v wire attached, Its the Tagan Dual Engine 500watt..am told by the tech guys there that its one of the most reliable, and gives clean stable power at full load, and they use these on there benches for testing, he guarantees it will work with my MB...

So I said what you waiting for get it here I don't care about the price difference...Its arriving in the morning, next day delivery...:D

Can't wait..Now thats service...:thumb:

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=7805&category_id=263&manufacturer_id=0

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is nice to find a PC supplier who still regard the "customer" with respect ... ;)

user.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Update...

Really frustrated and p****d off now..
Received the Tagan 500watt and guess what the -5v pin is missing, Tried it this morning and nothing same problem...:wall: :mad:

My only course of action is now either send the psu and graphics card back..And forget the damn upgrade...

Or Buy a new socket 754 MB...

Or spend even more money and buy new Duo core MB, Processor, Ram, and completely overhaul everything even though i'm happy with my machine as it is...

All this hassle for a damn graphics card upgrade..why does this not happen to anyone else...:(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Update..
All this hassle for a damn graphics card upgrade..why does this not happen to anyone else...:(
It does, but most people will just hide there mistake and move on. ;)

user.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
is it possible for you to duplicate one of the -5V lines ? surely there must be more than one of 'em ?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Brand new socket 754 motherboard on its way should be here in the morning, if this doesn't work i'm gonna scream...

Anyone want a badly beaten up pc thats going cheap,...:D

Ask a Question