PC to TV link

Reaction score
Does anyone know what software I will need to play DVDs on my PC and watch them on my TV set?
I have installed a TV card (WinTV) and PowerDVD, and I understand I will need a Svideo+audio to skart cable, but will I need any other software?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope, no software is needed, as long as your Video Card or TV Card have a TV-Out socket :) Just plug it in and away you go :D

Reaction score
The TV card has Line In and Line Out Audio sockets, a coaxial socket (aerial) and OTV/Svideo.
So if I connect the svideo and audio line out to the skart socket on the TV all I then need to do is tune a TV channel until it picks up the DVD?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty much, just make sure that the co-axial/svideo is an output. You may need to re-boot to make use of these, or enable it manually in your display properties depending on the card.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian - I'm just waiting for the cable before I can try it out. I'll post later with results.

Reaction score
I got my Svideo + audio to skart cable but I can't get anything from PowerDVD on the TV. I can get sound only from the WinTV program and I haven't a clue where to go from here.

Ask a Question