pc not starting

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if this is hardware or software prob.
First I have dual core pentium with 500gb sata hard drive running vista sp1.
I have had problems with it since I brought it off Eclipse computers....first the dvd rw stopped so as i only had 12 month return to base warrenty and would have to pay postage i brought a new one and broke seals and replaced it. Whilst in case I noticed everything was stuck together by hot glue gun. The dvd rw was fine but loose connection....sine this I have suffered repeated loose connections to dvd and hard drive but normally i un plug and re seat and all is well until yesterday.
My pc now statrs and goes to the little windows loading bar at bottom of screen this goes about 4 times then screen goes blank with just cursor in middle.( this is as far as it gets in safe mode to )
I have tried vista repair and restore point to no avail.
I know I have been sold a pup but any help please?

Reaction score
HIya,

What do you mean everything was stuck together?

The connections to the motherboard from drives etc were held in place?

Reaction score
all the electrical connectors were glued together as were the connectors in back on hard drive and dvd rw.
Nothing glued to mother board.

Reaction score
yoyokid said:
all the electrical connectors were glued together as were the connectors in back on hard drive and dvd rw.
Nothing glued to mother board.

Can you post pictures of this as I am very amazed that a company would have done this.

Regards

Reaction score
can i post a pic on here...through this window i mean?

Quite happy to but I wont really have time until tomorrow afternoon.
I havent been back to eclipse about this as I feel I would be banging my head as they would just say I had broke the seals on the case so the warrenty is void

Reaction score
yoyokid said:
can i post a pic on here...through this window i mean?

Yeah use the attach files section wto uplaod your pic or upload it to an image hosting site and add a link that way..Would be really interested to see wht it looks like..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I suppose they glue it together to stop anything coming loose in transit, still a stoopid idea though.

Never seen Vista get as far as the loading bar and then quit, it normally starts or it doesn't or you get a blue screen that dumps.

When you take the pictures can you let me know the model number on the motherboard, its normally around the processor area, as some motherboards are just crap and if not setup properly then it will cause problems.

Definetly Hard Drive, Motherboard or BIOS problem as its a boot failure.

Last edited:

Ask a Question