PC Gaming Problems

Reaction score
hey guys,

this is my first thread so bear with me

ive just installed a new PC game onto my computer and it comes up with an error message saying that an entry point in the dynamic link library is missing

"The Procedure entry point cmdchemptemplnit could not be located in the Dynamic Link Library ntvdm.exe"

i personally dont know what that really means but maybe someone who is much brighter can tell me what it is and a download how to fix it

thanx

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Process File: ntvdm or ntvdm.exe
Process Name: Windows 16-bit Virtual Machine

Description:
ntvdm.exe is process that belongs to the Windows 16-bit Virtual Machine. It provides an environment for a 16-bit process to execute on a 32-bit platform. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated

Thats basically what process that is but still looking for a solution....

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats exactly what i've found, have you got an antivirus or adaware scanner ? have you removed anything recently?

Reaction score
ya ive got Adaware SE personal on my computer and i did do a scan recently which removed objects, and is there any way to get a replacement for the deleted objects?

Reaction score
This is the first game thats ever done this so i wouldnt know if the scan caused it

thanks guys, does anyone else have an idea

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try this it often happens when you install sp2 or are running a corp version.

The 16-bit subsystem on Windows XP is turned off if Ntvdm.exe is deleted. To re-enable the 16-bit subsystem, so that 16-bit programs can be run, Ntvdm.exe must be in the WINDOWS\System32 directory.
Put your XP installation disk in your cd drive D being your drive. At the start> run command type these lines in one at a time press enter. When you have done all three,should be sorted.
expand D:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt
expand D:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt expand D:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com

RedLight

ABIT Fatality AN8,A64 3200 Winchester(2380)with Tt venus12 HSF,4x512 Infineon pc3200,
200GB maxtor sata+120GB maxtor ide,ATI x800 hybrid oc (429/540),Thermaltake Soprano,
Tagan 480watt psu.

Ask a Question