PC Experts PLS Help!!

Reaction score
Guys for a week or so ive been on a hunt for setting up a test environment but so far im so undecided and need your guys opinions/suggestions pls!

I require the following -

2 Monitors (20" with speakers built in)
A Desktop (to run windows server 2003)

I will be running training material whilst learning, hence the dual monitor.

My budget is around £400 but im willing to push up if I really need to.

Please guys help me out/Point me in the right direction as im hoping to have it all ordered by Friday latest.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
mobad said:
Guys for a week or so ive been on a hunt for setting up a test environment but so far im so undecided and need your guys opinions/suggestions pls!

I require the following -

2 Monitors (20" with speakers built in)
A Desktop (to run windows server 2003)

I will be running training material whilst learning, hence the dual monitor.

My budget is around £400 but im willing to push up if I really need to.

Please guys help me out/Point me in the right direction as im hoping to have it all ordered by Friday latest.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum...

Erm you might just have to up your buget say to dounble what you want to spend.....2 x 20 inch monitors with built in speakers are going to cost around £400. Then a half decent machine to run Server 2003 is going to be around another £400..See where i'm going..£400 is a very unrealistic figure..

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure you have got it wrong.
I've seen 2 bran new monitors on bigpockets website for £80 each
A desktop to run windows server 2003 should be between £200-£300 as it doesn't need to be high end.

Reaction score
mobad said:
Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure you have got it wrong.
I've seen 2 bran new monitors on bigpockets website for £80 each
A desktop to run windows server 2003 should be between £200-£300 as it doesn't need to be high end.

Well if i'm wrong and you have seen all this for these prices why are you asking for help then.......
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif
wallbash.gif

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean to be rude but there are so many ranges for prices from £70 -£85 for monitors at 20" and desktops from £200-£300, hence I can't decide and was hoping some experts (as in the title) would be able to help me out.

Reaction score
mobad said:
Sorry I didn't mean to be rude but there are so many ranges for prices from £70 -£85 for monitors at 20" and desktops from £200-£300, hence I can't decide and was hoping some experts (as in the title) would be able to help me out.

Just had a look. Troouble with those PC's is yadon't know whatparts they are using, henve the cheap price on them.. I couldn't find monitors on there so can't really judge. But in my opinion a monitor for £80 isn't going to be much good..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Speci...OP3+Spark+V1+Intel+Base+Unit+?productId=36781

More than powerful enough.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Disp..."+Arianet+Widescreen+Monitor+?productId=36661

Buy one at the special price and one at the regular price to save a tenner

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...adeon+HD4650+512MB+PCI-E+2.0+?productId=34722

You will need a card with two connectors. There are cheaper ones. Also you would need a DVI to VGA adaptor for each monitor. A retail box product usually has one inside the box. You will also need to check that this or any card you get will be able to operate two monitors, I'm not sure on this point.

All the above comes in at around £ 450 but no shipping included.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
mobad said:

Like I said in the last post yup computer is cheap, but because its made up of cheap parts. I personaly wouldn't buy something that I don't know who made the MOBO or Memory etc....As for those monitors, never heard of that brand before, so can't comment. But if I was to, i'd say they are crap...Sorry just my opinion.. I'm sure others on here will offer their thought..

Reaction score
I have just spoken to a friend who is selling the following -
Dell Optiplex 755, Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 4gig Ram, 500 gb HD (2 x 250gb), two 256mb Nvidia nvs290 graphics card, dvdrw and win xp pro.
Its for £300 inc delivery and 3 months warrenty

Should I purchase this a base unit or http://www.ebuyer.com/product/168998

Last edited:
Reaction score
mobad said:
I have just spoken to a friend who is selling the following -
Dell Optiplex 755, Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 4gig Ram, 500 gb HD (2 x 250gb), two 256mb Nvidia nvs290 graphics card, dvdrw and win xp pro.
Its for £300 inc delivery and 3 months warrenty

Should I purchase this a base unit or http://www.ebuyer.com/product/168998

If wa mate can offer that, wellthengo for his offer..Better than ebuyer in my opinion..Again like I said, when ye divent now the internals divent purchase....Simple...............

Ask a Question