PC appears to run WCG faster after downloading Mint

Reaction score
Is it my imagination but now that I am running WCG in Mint it would appear I am crunching faster or is that my imagination:confused::):user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
BOINC is just the managing program, it simply tells the projects science applications when they can run and which project can fetch work next. It doesn't do any crunching.

Your work units may have a higher priority (Run Always) or there is less crud to slow things down, or, it could be your imagination. ;)

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well Bootneck, when I very recently re-installed BOINC, I did happen to notice this:
BOINC uses virtualization to allow scientists to develop applications on their preferred operating system (usually Linux) and then run them on volunteered Windows and Mac computers. We call these VM apps.
The bold type is mine, just to highlight that particular part. So it looks as if Linux is preferred by some of the scientists who generate and distribute the work units. Perhaps that is the reason you feel that it's crunching faster(?) I'm only hazarding a guess, of course. But if you want to read the full blurb, you can do so here: BOINC Wiki

Ask a Question