password

jcv

I ust found out that my ex created a new user ( set to
administrator) n my pc, only she knows the password and
has left for good, however when wanting add or delete my
pc from her files , it tells me that only the
administrator has access.

is there a way that I can delete her user from XP without
knowing her password???
Even If i have to delete all user I am okay as long as i
retain the indstalled programs..

HELP!!

Paul [MSFT]

Dear JCV,

Regarding your post:

--------------------
| From: "jcv" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "jcv" <[email protected]>
| Subject: password
| Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:30:18 -0800
|
| I ust found out that my ex created a new user ( set to
| administrator) n my pc, only she knows the password and
| has left for good, however when wanting add or delete my
| pc from her files , it tells me that only the
| administrator has access.
|
| is there a way that I can delete her user from XP without
| knowing her password???
| Even If i have to delete all user I am okay as long as i
| retain the indstalled programs..
|
| HELP!!

If you log in using the default Administrator account "Administrator" or if
your user account is or becomes a member of the Administrator group you can
delete another administrator account. Only an Administrator can remove
another administrator.

More Information on Passwords:

Microsoft KB:
321305 How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expired
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321305

Jupiter Jone's Security Site:
Steps Lost / Forgotton / Expired Passwords
[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

Karl Levinson's Microsoft Security FAQ
http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password
[Courtesy of Karl Levinson, CISSP, MCSE, MS MVP]

Content Advisor Password Issues:
http://securityadmin.info/faq.asp#contentadvisor
[Courtesy of Karl Levinson, CISSP, MCSE, MS MVP]

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE