Parhelia-512 Pics and Info

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well - The NDA has been lifted, and some info is now available on Matrox's Parhelia-512 graphics card - the "GeForce 4 Killer"

You can see some pics here

and find out about the card from HardOCP

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That reminds me, must brush up on my Japanese :D

The size of that heatsink! An interesting development, Matrox used to lead the field but have been left trailing in recent years.

I wonder if this could revive their standing?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Dont worry, that heatsink isnt standard :)

If this card is as good as it is supposed to be, then this could well place them ahead of the crowd. NVidia and ATI have some offerings not too far away though (again), and NVidia are soon to release new drivers for the GF4 series - possibly giving another performance boost.

Time will tell though! :D

Reaction score
I want this card to bear my children. *drool* Amazing, simply amazing.

And to say Matrox's Headquarters is a 5 minute drive away from my house. ;-) They do all the R&D work there as well as testing, nice facilities, they've been here forever, though.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Domo Arigato! for the nice link! The manger there seems to be hailing from the Indus Valley area!8) 8) 8)

Matrox is a fighter, they were not sleeping since they came out with the G400 but working hard.

Reaction score
The 20 Gb/s memory bandwith is cool, but I'm still wondering:

Why PS1.3?
Why no hyperz II/Crossbar memory architecture-like z compression. (occlusion culling, lossless z-compression, HSR, ....)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChAoS Overlord
Why PS1.3?
Why no hyperz II/Crossbar memory architecture-like z compression. (occlusion culling, lossless z-compression, HSR, ....)

I thought HyperZ II was ATI's own technology for coping with high bandwidth requirements?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ChAoS

Why PS1.3?
Maybe you could find us the answer?

I like nVidia ... as far as I'm concerned I have NO problems.

Are not Matrox ... under another manufacturer? (Bought out?)

Please enlighten us of your findings.

Reaction score
Yes Hyper-Z is the ATi way, and Crossbar Memory architecture is something nvidia uses, matrox hasn't got this kind of thing.

Ask a Question