Parhelia Reviews Arrive

Reaction score
The NDA was lifted today, and reviews have started to seep in. So far, the only english one is over at Tom's Hardware, although I have never been fond of their reviews.

I have to say, I didn't think the Parhelia would be a GF4 killer, but I didn't think it would do this bad. It is imporant to note, however, that the visual quality of the Parhelia is stunning (look at the colours, the FAA, etc.), but the drivers are buggy as hell.

We'll have to wait for non-beta drivers, I suppose. Matrox has a reputation of bad drivers at first, but greatly improving them later.

I was thinking of buying one, since I'm not a huge gamer anymore, and 2D quality is all I'm looking for, but at that price (more than a GF4 4600 Ti), it's not exactly a bargain. I'd gladly accept one if you want to ship one off to me, though, Matrox.

I suggest you check out the review here. I think the most important part is to evaluate what's right for you, and not just base your analysis on FPS, like most people do.

[Update] There's a much better review at ExtremeTech which can be found here. More to come later.

The best review to date has to be Anandtech's, which you can find here.

Ask a Question