Palma

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm off to Palma at the weekend with Becky and I was wondering if anyone has been here before, and can recommend anywhere to go there?

It looks pretty nice and has an old part to the city, so it should be perfect for exploring :D

Reaction score
Ham

Dont Palma make good ham.:D
Who's looking after things whilst your away?
Oh and hope you both have a good time,(thats if the flights are back to normal by then!)
Do we get see some holiday pics when u return?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I should have my laptop with me hopefully, so I'll still be online :D I'm hoping to get some photos uploaded as I'm there if the connection is fast enough :) Think I'll have to stick the laptop in the main luggage now, so I hope there is room!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Not sure i would want to trust my Laptop in the main luggage hold Ian..

Bags and cases get thrown around with no regard for their contents, they get ripped and cut on a regular basis and the contents sometimes get stolen and even more regular lost....

Not worth the trouble mate i would leave it at home....

Reaction score
Been there many many times it is just simply superb.

Just a word of caution Pick pockets work in gangs, don`t carry anything of value especially> SB a hand bag? Don`t flash any cash when in a shop restaurant Etc: Carry one CC only.
Enjoy:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really want to crazylegs, but I just need to make the servers run ok whilst I'm away - I'll wrap it in clothes or something like that :)

Itsme - Cheers, I'll warn Becky about the hand bag - I'll just take my wallet with some (but not all) of the Euros with me.

Have you used the airport bus which goes to the town center before? Is it something we could do with a wheely suitcase each, as if so it will save us €20 in taxi fees :D (the bus goes right to the hotel).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Never carry all your eggs in one basket ... ;)

If you use a wallet, get used to putting it in your front trouser pocket, never carry anything of value, including money, in your wallet. Don't take any trinkets with you.

A CC is invaluable ... for 5 continuous years I never took any money on holiday, just a CC ... all banks will give you money off your CC and the 'rate of exchange' is far better than anything in our High Street or even the country you are visiting. Well, I always got a good rate, even if it did cost £1.50 a pop. :)

Never take anything handed to you ... them "flower girls" will rob you blind ... it is very hard not to put your hand out to accept, stick your hands in your pockets & walk on.

Sad to say, but this sort of thing happens even in good old Blighty, you can pick em out here getting off the train in Southport. :(

oh, have a nice time ...

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Ian, i have a money belt that goes around you or can be consealed under clothing.
During my travels always use travellers cheques, some of the arab countries are the worst.
Dont have ice in your drinks & use bottled water.

Oh and before you go out dont forget to put clean undies on in case you get taken to hospital & wash behind your ears! These words used to echo in my ears from my Mum as i left for some dead cheap holiday or went somewhere on business!!

As for Mr Rush's comments, i think to many club 18-30's holidays have been taken:rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
hahah

By feckit
Oh and before you go out dont forget to put clean undies on in case you get taken to hospital & wash behind your ears! These words used to echo in my ears from my Mum as i left for some dead cheap holiday or went somewhere on business!!

same here when i told her Boys holiday ..too old at 31 :lol:

Reaction score
Itsme - Cheers, I'll warn Becky about the hand bag - I'll just take my wallet with some (but not all) of the Euros with me.

Have you used the airport bus which goes to the town center before? Is it something we could do with a wheely suitcase each, as if so it will save us €20 in taxi fees :D (the bus goes right to the hotel).

Ian!

Yes the bus service is excellent,:thumb: when you have your luggage walk into the pick-up area ask someone where the buses are located at> Prima travel desk on the way out you can’t miss it http://www.prima-travel.com

The bus drivers cannot speak English very well, so tell them the name of the hotel and they will be very helpful, the cost is about 2Euro single as compared with 25-50 Euro for a taxi:eek: .

In Palma city the main streets are very busy the shops are just like over here M&S Etc all cheaper than here and, if you have a problem with any purchases made when you get home take the item/s local to you no problem keep the receipts.

Palma cathedral is absolutely stunning; the restaurants are superb the food is fabulous and cheap so tips are a great bonus to them and YOU:nod: the inhabitants are very polite and will help you all they can.

Next question.:D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
feckit said:

lol, yes, I remember, when I broke my back & they took me to hospital I remember being glad I'd waxed the day before :lol: The things we think of at the stupidest of times :rolleyes:

So Mum was right all along :nod:

:lol:

Reaction score
cirianz said:
lol, yes, I remember, when I broke my back & they took me to hospital I remember being glad I'd waxed the day before
laughingsmiley.gif
The things we think of at the stupidest of times :rolleyes:

So Mum was right all along
nod.gif

laughingsmiley.gif

Roflmao

Good old mum huh ;)

Reaction score
cirianz said:
lol, yes, I remember, when I broke my back & they took me to hospital I remember being glad I'd waxed the day before
laughingsmiley.gif
The things we think of at the stupidest of times :rolleyes:
So Mum was right all along
nod.gif

laughingsmiley.gif
The rule is simple:
Rule 1 My Mother is always right
Rule 2 If my Mother should be wrong Rule 1 applies.:rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers :D I'll keep you all updated on how it goes in this thread :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
How ??

Ian how ru still accessing the net in Palma ??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Rush said:
Ian how ru still accessing the net in Palma ??
err, well, now then ... you open up laptop, turn on, look for open access, and ... connect. :thumb:

In't that about it? :)

user.gif

Reaction score
Mucks has got it in a nutshell.

I have done that many a times, and i normally chose at the same time to download everything i can, as i have limits imposed on my home connection, so if your not paying then max it out ;)

Ask a Question