Outlook won't send emails with new email addresses.

Kara the Computer Tutor

Hi,

My client can't send an email when it's to someone with an email address
she's never used before. When she hits the Send button, a box pops up saying
Outlook doesn't recognize the email address and has "No Suggestions." Then it
asks if she wants to create a new email address. She creates one, and the
email still doesn't send. She says it happens almost every time she uses a
new email address.

Someone suggested I create a new address book for her, move all her contacts
over, and delete the old address book because it may be corrupted. Will that
help? If so, how do I easily move all her contacts into a new address book.
Is there something else I should try?

Thanks.
Kara

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Please state the Outlook version, transport type and how the email address
is being entered. Does the address resolve? Is the Outlook address book
service functioning in this profile? Did this profile ever work?

Kara the Computer Tutor

I apologize. I forgot to tell you it's Outlook 2003. I know she's typing the
address in the "To" field of a new email.

Could you please tell me what a profile, transport type and Outlook address
book service are? I'm a tutor, but I'm not a tech.

Thanks!
Kara
--
Kara
http://www.karathecomputertutor.com

Russ Valentine said:
Please state the Outlook version, transport type and how the email address
is being entered. Does the address resolve? Is the Outlook address book
service functioning in this profile? Did this profile ever work?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Transport is the mail account type. Please consult the Help files or KB for
such basic information.
I assume the address is not even resolving when typed into the To: field? If
so, a corrupt Outlook Address Book Service is the most likely culprit.
Troubleshoot that here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
Post back with the information when you get it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Russ Valentine said:
Please state the Outlook version, transport type and how the email
address
is being entered. Does the address resolve? Is the Outlook address book
service functioning in this profile? Did this profile ever work?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Kara the Computer Tutor"