Outlook will not remember my password

D

Dan

I use Outlook 2003 on two PCs both of which run on XP Home. I have a password problem on each. The problem has some similarity but with some variation.

Each machine has 3 email accounts. Two of the three are Yahoo accounts and share the same password since one of the two is an "extra" address.

The problem is with one of the Yahoo accounts. On my notebook PC, Outlook simply will not remember the password on one account. When I click on send/receive or Outlook checks for email on its own, a dialog box opens that says, "Please type your user name and password". Both are already filled in but the "Save this password in your password list" is not checked. I click on Save and OK and the box just pops up again. It will not save the password.

On my desktop PC, the box periodically appears when Outlook checks for mail. The info is there except the Save box isn't checked. I check it and it's OK for a while. I can force Outlook to duplicate the problem on my desktop by repeatedly checking for email.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Dan

R

Roady [MVP]

For the account with the alias, configure Outlook not to receive for that
account as you'll already receive it from the main mailbox.
Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> Send/Receive...-> Edit...

Ask a Question