Outlook Outlook is re-delivering mails...

Reaction score
Has anyone else suffered this:

I am receiving email (sometimes 50 plus at a time) that I have already deleted. In some cases they were deleted over a week ago.
I have in Outlook's preferences checked the box that leaves a copy of mail on the server - I have a Blackberry so this has to be done to receive them.
This problem has just started in the last two weeks. The preferences in Outlook's settings have been so since September, so I cannot make any link there.

I think it maybe purely coincidental, but this problem started about the same time as the onset of particular SPAM arriving. This SPAM sometimes does not have any header, subject or body - just the envelope icon in the Inbox.

Please help.

Many thanks
Matt.

Reaction score
"I have in Outlook's preferences checked the box that leaves a copy of mail on the server"

the above is what is causing your problem.

the POP email works with the above option selected is,

if you logon to a computer and download your emails, read them, delete them etc the changes you make are on that computer and that computer only. if you then log on to a different computer the emails will be as they were before you logged onto that first computer.

Depending on your email provider you may me able to use IMAP rather than POP, IMAP will let you make changes and update the mailbox on the server with the changes. so when you download the emails on a different computer you will see the changes you made on the first computer.

Hope that helps

J

Ask a Question