Outlook Forms and Intranet

G

I've deployed a .oft file (custom Outlook 2003 mail form) to our Intranet so
others can access it via a hyperlink off our intranet. It works great for me
but anyone else who trys to open it, just gets a blank e-mail form. What can
I do to make this work?
The users are able to open the form when I send this to them by mail. But
this require that the recipient must check the box: "use microsoft office
word 2003 to read Rich Text e-mail message".
Does anyone have an idea?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Each user will need to publish it to their Personal Forms library, without the "send form definition with item" box checked. The article at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=907985 explains this change in more detail, suggests best practices, and provides registry keys that can return Outlook 2003 to the older, less secure behavior.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

G

Sue Mosher said:
Each user will need to publish it to their Personal Forms library, without the "send form definition with item" box checked. The article at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=907985 explains this change in more detail, suggests best practices, and provides registry keys that can return Outlook 2003 to the older, less secure behavior.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Thanks for your quick response!
If i post these forms in the organizational forms folder, will the user then
be able to download the forms from the intranet, or do they still need to
save these to their personal form folder?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If i post these forms in the organizational forms folder, will the user then
be able to download the forms from the intranet, or do they still need to
save these to their personal form folder?

If you are using Exchange as your mail server (information that you should have included in your original post) and have permission to publish forms in the Organizational Forms library, then that will suffice. The user will not need to (and should not) publish to their own Personal Forms library.

Note that users will need to use the published version of the form to create messages, not the .oft file.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

G

Sue Mosher said:
If you are using Exchange as your mail server (information that you should have included in your original post) and have permission to publish forms in the Organizational Forms library, then that will suffice. The user will not need to (and should not) publish to their own Personal Forms library.

Note that users will need to use the published version of the form to create messages, not the .oft file.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

In other words; it is not possible for the user to get direct access to the form through an intranet site? They need to go through the organizational form library in outlook?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

In other words; it is not possible for the user to get direct access to the form through an intranet site? They need to go through the organizational form library in outlook?

If by "intranet site," you mean a web server containing .oft files, no, those are not appropriate for the kind of use you're describing. Only published forms should be used if you have custom fields on the form.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Ask a Question