outlook folder gone missing

JeffMaggie

we have outlook 2007 on the laptop. Mail comes into the inbox which the
downloads it into 2 different email address folders. These email addres
folders are where we keep our files to organise our email. One of thes
email address has gone missing from our list in outlook so we canno
access it. It still exists because mail is going into it, and when w
check the email account settings it is there and sends/receives. But w
can't find it

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

First you seem to be talking about folders.
Then you are talking about email accounts.
Folders and email accounts are completely different things.
Post more clearly and more accurately so we can understand your problem. If
the only problem is that you can't find a folder, use Folder List view to
see all your folders.

JeffMaggie

;272228']First you seem to be talking about folders.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"JeffMaggie" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

we have outlook 2007 on the laptop. Mail comes into the inbox which
then
downloads it into 2 different email address folders. These email
address
folders are where we keep our files to organise our email. One of
these
email address has gone missing from our list in outlook so we cannot
access it. It still exists because mail is going into it, and when we
check the email account settings it is there and sends/receives. But
we
can't find it.

Hi Russ, Sorry not to be clear. It is the email address that has gone
missing. Of course the email has loads of subsidiary folders for
different contacts etc and all of this has disappeared along with the
email address.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

We're not much closer here. How can an email address go missing? Do you mean
email account? Exactly what is missing that used to be there?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
JeffMaggie said:
[...]

Ok Russ - we have a folder in our folder list in outlook which is
called maggie and this is the folder into which the emails addressed to
(e-mail address removed) are downloaded. So when an email comes into our
outlook it goes into a folder called inbox and is then distributed to
either our info folder or maggie. Both info and maggie have a lot of
subfolders. Maggie has disappeared from the folder list. When email
comes in for maggie it still goes into maggie we believe. When we close
outlook it shows (e-mail address removed) as receiving mail and
(e-mail address removed) is also there in all our settings when we check
them.

Jeff

;272301']We're not much closer here. How can an email address go

'Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook Wrote:-
[...]

So what do you see when you use Folder List view?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
JeffMaggie said:
[...]

Hi Russ I see the full list of folders except the one called maggie

'Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook said:
;272369']So what do you see when you use Folder List view?
--
[...]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Hi Russ I see the full list of folders except the one called maggie

Do any of those folders have a plus sign to their left? If so, expand them
and see if maggie has been dropped inside another folder.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Did you fully expand the list? If what you say is true (i.e., emails are
received by the account and your rule to move those messages throws no error
message) then by definition the folder must still exist in your profile.
Examine your rule. It will contain a link to the folder that you can follow
to find it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]