Outlook Outlook Email Editor

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm running Windows XP and have a couple of problems with Outlook. When I attempt to write a new email there is an error message stating "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I have gone thru Tools, Options, Mail Format and ticked what I believe to be the appropriate box "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" and clicked on Apply and OK. However, the box does not remain ticked.

My second error message states "The address book could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address book could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. for information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook address book, see Microsoft Outlook Help". I have searched the forum for address book problems and have found what may be a fix but I'm not able to confirm this due to the first error message.

This is my first attempt on this forum and I hope I haven't babbled too much. Look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks

Reaction score
This form requires Word as your email editor

Hello There,

from some of the other help forums that I have visited this appears to be a corrupt Email.DOT file. You need toreplace this file somehow. I could try sending you a copy from my machine, trouble is I run Office 2003 and so I am not sure if it would work, but you are welcome to try.

Please contact me if you need a copy of this file.

The file will need to be copied to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033

Ask a Question