Outlook constantly synchronizing folders

ELT

Outlook had succeeded in slowing my domained XP Pro box to a crawl; every
time I looked in the tray, the Outlook icon was "synchronizing folders". I
quite nearly trashed Outlook altogether. I removed KB952142, and the problem
instantly disappeared, along with all the system hangs. Voila! Outlook
team, take note - this really should be widely published; there is something
seriously wrong with KB952142.

Thanks David!

Ed L.

Erik

We too are having system performance problems related to this. However that
is the lesser of two worries.

Occasionally (and at uncertain intervals) outlook stops sending and
receiving emails... with no warning that anything has gone wrong. I would
not have even discovered this if I did not have a blackberry that was still
getting new emails.

The only resolution to that second problem is to exit outlook and re-open it
(or at least that's the one I found... I stopped looking after I found that
one).

Is there a hotfix planned soon? It is happening to all users in our domain
(thank you WSUS server).

Raymond Todo

Dear all,

i am facing a similar issue but not in the same environnement. i have
exchange 2003 servers and outlook 2003 in my environnement. One of the
servers fail down and i restore the database from old backup, but i moved
some users to the group storage on this server after the backup. after the
restoration i recover these users but many of them have their outlook
continiously displaying "waiting to update this folder".

can you help me fix this issue?
Best regard

notdum

Vista Business SP1 with Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO getting same problem. Tried
uninstalling the MS Updates discussed herein, to no avail. When can we
expect a fix???

Outlook sucks up 45% - 70% of my CPU (Dell Latitude D830 with Core2 Duo
T7250 processors and seriously degrades performance constantly now.
--
notdum

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" said:
Hi Chris,

First, please check the outlook status bar (on the right bottom of the Outlook window). Is it saying "all folders are up to date" or
"sending/receiving 95%"?

If it stops on "sending/receiving 95%", it may be something wrong with the synchronization. Please click it and choose Detail to show the
send/receive details. Does it stop at sending or receiving? Please empty the Outbox folder and the Inbox folder. And then restart outlook to test
the isuse.

When the outlook status bar says "All folders are up to date", the outlook icon in the system tray still says "Outlook is synchronizing folders".
Based on my research, there is a known issue in Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. Such an issue may begin after you install the update/hotfix
950282 or 950485. The bug number is "OfficeQFE.21944 OL2007 - Notification icon not updating properly (regression from 21309)". Our product
team is working on it. When it is available, it may be a Office update, you can install it via the Microsoft Update site.

Thanks so much for your understanding.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Subject: Outlook constantly synchronizing folders
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:02:50 +0200
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

Hi all,
I have brand new Lenovo T61p with Vista Ultimate and Office 2007, with all
applicable updates installed.
Outlook is configured via RPC over HTTPS to Exchange 2003, it works, but I
have all the times in systray icon symbolizing synchronization. Also,
notitification about new mail is not always working. I created new clean
profile for Outlook and tried to disable most addons, but it changed
nothing.
Problem is maybe not critical but for sure very annoying. On the old laptop
I have also Outlook 2007 but with Windows XP and it works fine there.
Any thought what can I do to fix that?

Thanks,
Chris

notdum

Well all...I've spent the $49 for chat support to find a solution...so let me
save you the $49. MS worked on this problem for > 1 hour and could not fix
it UNTIL they basically created a new profile. I had to reinstall my
accounts (IMAP) and then the constant synchronizing stopped...and I got my
computer processor bandwidth back!!! After the IMAP accounts (2) were
rebuilt, the support person opened the "old" profile's personal folders file
so that I got my calendar and contacts back, and, so far, no problem.

Hope this helps.......

Kman

Yes, I have also experienced Outlook stalling, it freezes the system usually
without showing which process is taking resources. Does anyone know why or
how to fix this? This is on XP Pro 32 with Outlook 2003 on POP3 and SMTP.
Thanks.