Outlook 2K auto complete

Jack B. Pollack

I have a client who's hard drive crashed. I replace the hard drive and
reinstalled the OS and programs. I also restored the pst file from a current
backup. They are using Office 2000.

Client is complaining that there is no auto complete on email addresses in
the address book. A quick Google search points to this not being a feature
of Outlook 2K. Client swears that they had it last week with "old" computer.

Is this a feature in Outlook2K?
If not, how could she have had it?

Thanks

John

It's been many years since I stopped using OL2000. I think you're right,
auto complete is a feature of OL2002/XP and later versions.

Perhaps she's talking about auto name resolution. The option is called:
"suggest names when completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields" (if OL2000 has that
option).

Jack B. Pollack

She swears it was full auto complete!
I dont know what to tell her, she was using it just a few days ago.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

She wasn't using Outlook 2000, then. Feature first appeared in Outlook 2002.

Lisa Fox

Hmmm ?????????
I dont know what to tell her

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Jack B. Pollack said:
She swears it was full auto complete!
I dont know what to tell her, she was using it just a few days ago.

"John" <a> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

As Jack said, she was most likely confusing autoresolution with
autocompletion. Autoresolution will work as soon as she finishes configuring
her new installation. Most likely she hasn't configured the address book
service yet. For Outlook 2000, Corp/Workgroup: Go to Tools > Services. Make
sure the Outlook Address Book service is listed. If not, add it. Next, R
click on the Contact folder or folders you want the OAB to display, choose
"Properties", go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check the "Show this
folder as an E-mail address book" box. You may also need to go to Tools >
Options > Addressing Tab and choose to show your Contacts folder.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Lisa Fox said:
Hmmm ?????????
I dont know what to tell her

"John" <a> wrote in message It's been many years since I stopped using OL2000. I think you're right,
auto complete is a feature of OL2002/XP and later versions.

Perhaps she's talking about auto name resolution. The option is
called:
"suggest names when completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields" (if OL2000 has
that option).

I have a client who's hard drive crashed. I replace the hard drive and
reinstalled the OS and programs. I also restored the pst file from a
current backup. They are using Office 2000.

Client is complaining that there is no auto complete on email addresses
in the address book. A quick Google search points to this not being a
feature of Outlook 2K. Client swears that they had it last week with
"old" computer.

Is this a feature in Outlook2K?
If not, how could she have had it?

Thanks

Jack B. Pollack

Thanks all. I'm going back over to take a look and explain to her.

Russ Valentine said:
As Jack said, she was most likely confusing autoresolution with
autocompletion. Autoresolution will work as soon as she finishes
configuring her new installation. Most likely she hasn't configured the
address book service yet. For Outlook 2000, Corp/Workgroup: Go to Tools >
Services. Make sure the Outlook Address Book service is listed. If not,
add it. Next, R click on the Contact folder or folders you want the OAB to
display, choose "Properties", go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check
the "Show this folder as an E-mail address book" box. You may also need to
go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose to show your Contacts
folder.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]