Outlook 2007 VBA code won't run in Windows 7

Reaction score
I have written some code to parse emails and transfer specific data to an Excel worksheet. When I developed and tested the code using Outlook 2007 on a WinXP machine, everything worked as expected. The person I wrote the code for is using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 and the code would not run at all. I check the macro security settings and everything looks okay to me. I also double-checked the references to make sure the Excel 12 Object Library was included.

I am not certain whether she is running 32-bit or 64-bit Win7, but if it is 64-bit, is there anything I need to do to in that regard? I remember reading somewhere that you had to reference VBA 7 on 64-bit Windows, and I'm just now thinking about this as a possibility. Any thoughts?

I have a lot of experience with VBA for various Office products and working with Windows in general, but I have no experience with Windows 7 whatsoever. The fact that the code works on XP and not on 7 leads me to the natural conclusion that it is an OS specific problem, but my lack of knowledge and experience with this platform leaves me clueless about where to look for the answer. If that isn't bad enough, I'm trying to help her over the phone and I feel like I'm fumbling around in the dark when I can't see what she sees.

Any guidance, suggestions, kicks in the right direction, or sympathy flames against MS for making my life difficult are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ask a Question