Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails

Warren Jorgenson

I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off.

Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either.

I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated

Warre

Russ Valentine

You are expecting Outlook to poll mail accounts when it is not running? How
would it do that?
Outlook can only function when it is running.
Never set automatic polling to less than 15 minutes if you want things to
work.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

1. Both outlook and the computer need to be running for it to collect mail
2. When you have the polling period set too low it can cause problems. Set
it to at least 5 min, preferably 8 -10 min. or higher.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Warren Jorgenson

Sorry my mistake on the computer running. What I meant to say is that when I turn off the computer at night and then turn it on in the morning I get no email from the time that it has been off.

I will reset the time to check emails every 15 minutes.

Any other suggestions?

Warren

outlookmvp wrote on Sat, 12 December 2009 13:41

Warren Jorgenson said:
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull
all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off.

Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not
ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two
minutes. I have no filters running either.
I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on
the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by
Outlook. Any help would be appreciated
Warren

Russ Valentine

None needed. If you have set up polling correctly, Outlook will poll on
launch.
The more POP accounts you poll, the longer your interval should be.
--
Russ Valentine

Warren Jorgenson said:
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not
pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off.

Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not
ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two
minutes. I have no filters running either.
I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look
on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been
grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated
Warren

Warren Jorgenson

Do you have any ideas why it will not pull all the overnight emails from the POP Gmail account when I turn the computer on in the morning?

The first emails that load are the ones that arrives after I start the computer and there are no email that will arrive from before the time that I start the computer.

Warren

Russ Valentine wrote on Sat, 12 December 2009 14:1

"Warren Jorgenson" <wrjorgen[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not
pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off.

Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not
ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two
minutes. I have no filters running either.
I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look
on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been
grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated
Warren

Russ Valentine

How do you know? You haven't even configured your polling correctly yet.
--
Russ Valentine
Warren Jorgenson said:
Do you have any ideas why it will not pull all the overnight emails from
the POP Gmail account when I turn the computer on in the morning?

The first emails that load are the ones that arrives after I start the
computer and there are no email that will arrive from before the time that
I start the computer.
Warren

Russ Valentine wrote on Sat, 12 December 2009 14:18
Warren Jorgenson said:
[...]

First off Russ I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I have been using Outlook 2003 in this configuration for months and then when I switched to 2007 is when I started having problems.

Russ Valentine wrote on Sat, 12 December 2009 15:11
Warren Jorgenson said:
[...]

Since there is more to your story, feel free to post it. Spare no detail. We
can't guess the steps that produced your problem.
--
Russ Valentine

Warren Jorgenson said:
[...]

it should get all mail that is waiting on the server that wasn't previously
downloaded, but gmail keeps track of what it lets outlook download, so who
knows what is wrong. I'd try a new profile with outlook set to check every
8 -10 min.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: