Out & About Soutport ... part 2

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Just finished uploading a couple hundred pictures to the Gallery, about 25gig.

err, I think it was more like 30gig ... are we alright for space on the server Ian?

Anyway, this time I took you for a tour up the Promenade, around the Boating Lake and on the way back home via Lord Street ... hope you enjoy the journey, I'm nucking fackard.

I don't know if you can 'browse' the picks in sequence as I uploaded, but what the heck ... ;)

Enjoy!

user.gif

On a side note here ... I went through 3 sets of batteries. I put in a fresh recharged set in the camera and took along a spare set ... and I had to buy a bloody new set to finish off. Damn this thing eats batteries. Do I need new re-charge batteries, had these about 2 years now or a new camera. :blush:
Can't find your post on batteries Quad ... oh, the camera is a Samsung Digimax 230 I bought Nettie a few years ago.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I only realised recently that rechargeable Nimh cells come in different capacities, denoted by their current rating or mAh (milli amp hours).

Most of the rechargeable AA & AAA cells I use are 1300mAh but they range in strength from about 700mAh to 2500mAh.

You'll find the pricing reflects their strength/storage capacity.

I recently purchased 8 rechargeable 2500mAh 'Energiser' (Ever Ready, I think) AA cells for my Canon A80 digicam, I think they cost about a total of £24.00, but they last so much longer than the lesser rated batteries. At full res and full auto I can take about 350 pictures using these batteries as opposed to about 180 using 1300mAh batteries.

As for your batts diying after two years, that does seem unusual. As ever, stick to name brands. I've found Ever Ready and Duracell to be good.

I actually use recharageable batts for just about everything now, I have about 52 AA & AAA cells, only things that need normal batteries are wall clocks.

And you loaded 30Gb to the server?

Sometimes, Mr Mucks, you take the **** you know that? ;)

And it IS a joke, isn't it?

Isn't it? :eek:

muckshifter

Reaction score
And it IS a joke, isn't it?

Isn't it?
eek.gif
Hey, I sat here for two & half hours uploading them, it must be 30gig. ;)

Yep, I knew about the their current rating or mAh ... have two sets of 2000 for the camera ... but err, they be 'hama' brand. :blush:

I think I'll upgrade 'em to something with a bit more oomph. :thumb:

Ta for that. :)

only things that need normal batteries are wall clocks.
Why ... I use recharge in mine.
laughingsmiley.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
woah, i thought you were joking about the number of pics you uploaded

looks really nice where you are

muckshifter

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
woah, i thought you were joking about the number of pics you uploaded

looks really nice where you are
Why? how many was it? I took 110 picks, didn't use 'em all, err, I don't think I used 'em all ... did I. :blush:

Yep, nice town we got here ... just a shame about all them holidaymakers ... :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
cool pics mucks :D
Long walk though, was getting sore feet just looking at them ;)
reckon I'd've flogged a lift on that train lol,
See what you mean by drought though, reminds me of when I was a kid & lived in Alexandra. 30+ all summer, & you could always spot the ones who broke the water restrictions... they had green stuff in their lawns. Looked like that bowling club's been sneaking in a bit of night-time watering :rolleyes:

Thanks mucks :)

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Thanks Ciri ... yes, for me, it was a very long walk ... but I took 20 ciggy brakes. :D

We have no Water Restriction up here, and the council do water the hanging baskets, big pots and other flower beds every day and the Bowling greens are council owned ... the grass will pop back up no bother after a little rain. :thumb:

Just in-land are a lot of small holders who grow local produce ... no restriction on them for water either. We have plenty to spare, and very very very few leaking mains. ;)

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
:)

lovely pics, mucks, ~ being most interesting for me to view, ~ tuvm :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Thanks Quad ... :thumb:

I have several sets of Uniross bats' so was pleased to see 'em high up on the list ... need to get a couple new sets of Energizer 2300 I think for the camera.

;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The article is a guide and was published a little while ago so newer batteries with higher capacities are now readily available, stick to the brands on top and you should be OK. However, correct charging and usage will make a lot of difference as well as the charger you use for charging the batteries.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wow, Loads of cool pics mucks!

Nice to see somewhere new. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It was great to share your walk around Southport Mucks, what a lovely place,
nod.gif
must be great to live there. I love the water feature in Lord street, are there any fish in there?

Please can you satisfy a cat's curiosity though ...? :confused: In the pic which you captioned "That boat again" (the pleasure boat with the paddle at the rear) what was the object in the sky, upper right please? Helicopter? It looks the wrong shape for a seagull, so hope you can remember :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
glad you like it ... so do I

A seagull TC, them damn things were just as bad as the people getting in my shots. :rolleyes:

There are six fountains, err, or is it five ... in Lord Street ... no fish in any of them.

The one outside the Arts centre is Diana's memorial fountain, the council should really not have bothered ... but hey, the kids are allowed to run in and out of it, not seen any 'wet teashirts' of any of the more mature people yet though. ;)

You can go fishing on the lake shore, loads of eels. :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you!
bowdown.gif
Should've guessed really, we've got quite a lot of seagulls around here too (one is even a regular visitor to our bird-table - obviously thinks he's an outsize robin!:D)

Are there any more unexplored bits of Southport in the pipeline? These virtual tours are really good :thumb:
nod.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, you could always take us for a stroll around Wales Taffy :)

That'd be cool :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Well, you could always take us for a stroll around Wales Taffy :)

That'd be cool :D

That's a thought Ciri - becoming a 'pretend tourist' for a day or two might be fun :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Thank you!
bowdown.gif
Should've guessed really, we've got quite a lot of seagulls around here too (one is even a regular visitor to our bird-table - obviously thinks he's an outsize robin!:D)

Are there any more unexplored bits of Southport in the pipeline? These virtual tours are really good :thumb:
nod.gif

Yep, there could be one or two more ... haven't shown you the "shoping" in Southport yet ... and Southport @ night could be on the cards ... I could do one on my 'Flat' but it would only be 4/5 pics.

Watch this space ... will definatly do a couple in Winter.

:thumb:

Ask a Question