OS Installation destroyed my music?

G

I normally rip any cd I buy, primarily because I'm an entropic disaster, and cds don't last long if I use them. That music was ripped during the course of a few years, and a few versions of windows

I just performed a fresh install of winxp professional, and now, I'm faced with the following error: 0xC00D1199: Cannot play the file. What gives

Here's what I tried so far
- Downloaded a patch for media player
- Tried Winam
- Tried Media Player & Winamp on a WinME machin
- Tried using Redha

Because I now cannot play the files anywhere at all, it appears as though something happened to the music during installation of the os -- but what? How can this happen when files in question were on a partition of a secondary hdd -- completely seperate from the boot partition

G

Okay -- I just noticed that audio/video files still work on this machine if 1) They were installed when installing windows, or 2) They're on another computer

I can't see another explanation other than "Windows did *something*" ... but what on earth did it do? And why

Is there an easy way to get this media back, or do I have to start over?

G

Your licenses are corrupt. You are allowed 4 machine changes (license moves)and each OS install, or reinstall, is a machine change.

Recopy all of your music AFTER you turn off "copy protect music" in WMP9.

--
Just my 2¢ worth
Jeff
__________in response to__________
| Okay -- I just noticed that audio/video files still work on this machine if 1) They were installed when installing windows, or 2) They're on another computer.
|
| I can't see another explanation other than "Windows did *something*" .... but what on earth did it do? And why?
|
| Is there an easy way to get this media back, or do I have to start over?

Ask a Question