Opinions wanted

Reaction score
Hi all...your views on the following would be helpful...(it's not a test!)

1. What currently produced Vid would be the closest in terms of power/performance to an nVidia 8800GTX? (Mainly in relation to running FPS games - something like DoD MW2)

2. If you had an i7 920 CPU (2668Mhz), is there one currently out there that now offers better bang for your buck? What value would you put on it in good old English pounds?

:)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Hey Int. :thumb:

Best bang for buck? Probably the GTX 460 (1GB Version) or if you can stretch the 470.

The MSI Cyclone is a bit of a beast. :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-092-MS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1830

Thanks for the fast response V_8..:thumb: ...but on the 'bang for buck' question I was thinking more about the CPU.

I have a big rig with an i7 920 chip and it's obviously an excellent overclocker, but I have an opportunity to sell the whole thing. However, I'm not sure which chip I would get to replace the 920 and how much I should fairly charge for it...they are a bit of a classic and I'm not sure there's a good equivalent at a reasonable price...Any ideas?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah lol, sorry i must have totally misread that OP. :)

Well the 'new' 920 is the 930 (2.8Ghz) Damn near the same thing tbh.

As to what price you'd get for the 920? Not sure tbh, what are they doing on the Bay?

Reaction score
Yup I thought it would be the 930...about £220 from Scan - good idea to check eBay for 920 prices. Thanks V_R:thumb:

Ask a Question